its still early but, Nugroove or The Stone Bear

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

its still early but, Nugroove or The Stone Bear

http://www.thestonebear.com/

http://www.nugrooveproductions.com/enter.html

Kinda sucks they overlap but since both events will be having the duo and oshe, Im leaning towards Nugroove because of RAQ.

I stayed for the first set of their recent show here in troy but then had to go see Oshe down the street. But I was very blown away by the amount of hard rocking going on and have been eager to see them since. Troy hadnt been rocked that hard in close to six months.

On a side note, it would be awesome if a certain Bamd decided to play one of these events.

Thoughts?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Stone bear. You'll want to be there.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i would drop my 50 down, if some group we all pretty well know is gonna be there,
tim
The Weight of Solomon

yeah dude, if BAM plays stone bear then that is definitely the place you'll want to be. slip/duo in a no holds barred setting???? you gotta be f'ing kidding me, it's gonna be off the heazy fo sheezy.
ScS
From the Gecko

how can they play if the place can't hold barrs?

i kill myself sometimes. 8)
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

ScS wrote:how can they play if the place can't hold barrs?

i kill myself sometimes. 8)
:lol:

cleantone, I just got back from VIDEO taping Oshe at the troy riverfront park thing they had today. Not sure what the hell im gonna do with it. There were a lot of people walking in front of my stand. Ill send a PM if it turns out any good.
gabe
Lion on a Rock

i don't know if le Slip will be playing stone bear... i am skeptical.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

FUZE was just added to the website. More should be announced soon I would guess.
Phrazz

Nugroove vs Stone Bear

Well, for the $50., it appears that the Nugroove show gives more bang for the buck. Given that it's on a lake means swimming, and I know that can't happen at Stone Bear. I'm fond of Tyrone for historical reasons, but last year I was a little disappointed (not at the Slip--they were superb). I felt there should have been more people, and it should have been coordinated better (like printed tickets would have been nice for historical reasons...again, I'm picky like that since I save my ticket stubs). Lights were also somewhat lacking. Lineup is OK (would be better with BAM and that might convince me otherwise).

I am doubtful that BAM will play Stone Bear, but it could possibly happen. I don't know for sure anymore (out of the loop), and sometimes I wish I could have some say in these matters...but I know I don't so it's not a big priority anymore (not a priority, really, I can find fun things to do just about anywhere).

For my own opinion (for what it's worth), the Nugroove thing looks much more organized (by the lineup as well as the website). I'm sure the hard-core Tyroners will prefer to go back there, and I can't argue with that...I'm only giving my personal perspective (which is very biased of course) and you all have to make your own decisions (stating the obvious).

-Rock onward,

Phrazz
casey
Alsoa

yeah I agree, 50 bucks for the current stone bear lineup is a bit much, espically when compared to nugroove
sm
Beantown Rocker

i can definitely understand and agree with the bang for your buck sentiments... however.... if the slip were to be added to the stone bear, i'll likely convince myself to make the trek down again this summer, and hopefully i'll be able to convince some of my canadian compadres to join me this time. the price doesnt really bother me, considering last year i arrived pretty much in time for the last couple songs of the band that was playing before Boboucar's set (Caveman?), so i pretty much dropped, i think it was $45USD, at that time likely amounting to $65 or so canadian for really only a few sets... it was the best chunk of cash i spent all summer.

to me, $50usd to see my favourite band in that kind of setting, with 'no holds barred' possiblities is very much worth it.

all that said, im dying to see the Evolve line-up for this year... or even if there is going to be a festival... and that could sway my decision for just about everything else the rest of the way this summer. trying to be a little more careful with my travel and festival excursions/expenses this year..
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

without the slip announcing yet for stone bear.. me personally, I'd probably say nugroove, just because it's more bang for your buck...

I mean hell.. it's like all the same bands you'd see at tyrone farms minus lotus (who is actually a big seller for me...), but... If the slip announce, I'd definately go to tyrone farm... cause you've seen their summer schedule as of yet... plus it's like 3 days versus 1 day.... all in all it's your decision... but without the slip announcing.. I might go to nugroove myself.. just because we don't exactly know what's going on with this job, so if we move, we still want to try and go to something... ya know...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

You guys will want to be at the Stone Bear!!!! Info to come soon.

you guys think theres any chance mike gordon will stop in at stone bear?

cleantone you better be hinting what i think yuor hinting. if youre not im definately gonna hit up nugroove because addison groove and soulive always provide for a long night of dancing