anyone seen coldplay?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

anyone seen coldplay?

im thinking about checking these guys out. i liked their last two albums, not sure what the new ones gonna sound like. the single didnt do much for me.

anyway, has anyone seen this band?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

a buddy of mine is a true die hard fan.

The shows hes gone to have been short, but he said they are very internating. The music is nice ambient and good lights and stuff. Whats the ticket price, if its above 40 it might not be good to see....
rhythmicstorm
Get Me with Fuji

saw them in los angeles for the opening night of the jimmy kimmel show- outdoors, free, about 6 songs.

they were absolutely intoxicating.

that shit got me high
You that love lovers, this is your home. Welcome!
Chris
Mudslide

"...Coldplay, a British pop group whose success derives from their ability to write melodramatic alt-rock songs about fake love. It does not matter that Coldplay is absolutely the shittiest fucking band I've ever heard in my entire fucking life, or that they sound like a mediocre photocopy of Travis (who sound like a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead), or that their greatest fucking artistic acheivement is a video where their blandly attractive frontman walks on a beach on a cloudy fucking afternoon." - Chuck Klosterman
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Chuck Klosterman wrote:Travis (who sound like a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead)
i'm not defending coldplay but chuck klosterman is just another jaded asshole who writes for a mass produced rag (spin). his whole schtick is to drop nuggets of idiocy to give him and every other "gen-x'r" some false sense of supremacy now that their beloved 90's are gone. total mix between a douchebag and an enema tip.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Chris wrote:"...Coldplay, a British pop group whose success derives from their ability to write melodramatic alt-rock songs about fake love... - Chuck Klosterman
yeah thats mostly their charm. sometimes you want to listen to melodramtic love songs with simple popy music.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
H Nugg

I gotta say that quote from the writer about Coldplay was awesome. I hate those guys with a passion, and ever since I read some article somewhere about them with some quotes from their "blandly attractive frontman" I've really hated them, not that they're worth the time it takes to really hate them......