Sticker run

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

macfly
Get Me with Fuji

Sticker run

I've been listening to a couple of the early '00 shows that Harry has been torrenting and thinking about the old shell logo. Wanted to bounce this off of you guys: I made a mockup of what would be a 5.5" x 2.75" sticker with the logo on it. The old ones were die-cut, but that style costs more to make. You could easily just take a pair of scissors and cut around the logo if you want the die-cut look. So this is what I came up with:

I can get a run of 250 vinyl stickers for ~$45. They're professionally made and waterproof, just like most any band stickers that are out there in the world. There are a variety of color options but the price starts to hike up there once you add that in, so it is probably best to keep it basic for now. I have zero interest in making any profit on these, and would be willing to distribute them out to folks for the cost of a stamp or two, or people could send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, or donate a buck or whatever if you want to help cover the order cost.

Not sure if I'd feel OK about doing this without the band's permission, so perhaps I should contact them first. What do you guys think? If there's enough interest out there, I'm willing to get this rolling.
stephen
Lion on a Rock

Re: Sticker run

I would love to get one of those Slip stickers. Keep us posted if you decided to go for it.
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

If anybody has a hi-res image of the logo, let me know. I pulled the one above from a 72 dpi image (CD cover in one of Harry's torrents), so I am concerned that it would look somewhat pixelated in sticker form. 300 dpi or higher would be better. I would scan the logo in myself but the only thing I have to source it from is the Does CD booklet and the logos on there are tiny and not very sharp.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

If you're not selling them I don't see any problems. Heck, you are helping to keep the vibe alive so someone actually shows up when/if these guys decide to play again! I think I got that art initially from Cleantone, he may have a vector or hi-res image. I would love some personally, I ran out of the original stickers. I do have some yellow/blue ones somewhere still I think.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

My blue and yellow shell logo sticker went to the dump along with my last car. I would love some stickers, macfly!

I also have an old silk screen with the shell logo. I am thinking of making some more T-shirts shirts for myself. If anyone wants one it is easy enough to make multiples at the same time.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

A t-shirt would be sweet!
Big Bob
From the Gecko

harrymcq wrote:A t-shirt would be sweet!
cool! anyone who wants one can just message me with their size (and preferred color...i just might have it in my box of blank Ts). when I get around to making some i'll make y'all one.
derek
Tenfold

I'd love to grab a few for myself and a few friends of mine. I had one on my old laptop, but that bit the dust a long time ago.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Just waiting for me to stumble on this? :wink: I did create a vector to make this image but I don't have it anymore. I think the best I have is a 72dpi 1000x1000 pixel PNG.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21ypq1qcpitjnkz/TheSlip.png
gbrignoli
Cumulus

see link guys, i took cleantone's image and made your vectors. keep me posted on the stickers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pge0yj2qhnkfp ... ipLogo.zip
_g
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

Right on y'all! Thanks Clinton for the PNG. gbrignoli, the vectorized shiz looks dope, except that the .ai and .pdf files are missing the big dot that makes the "i" in Slip. I've got the template ready to go using Clinton's image but if you can fix that I'll re-do it and that should ensure the highest quality possible graphic for the sticker.

I had a good time hunting around the Wayback Machine looking for a bigger logo. man if you ever want to spark up the fire of good vibes and memories, go to old versions of theslip.com and start following links, there are buried treasures out there! Pretty rad to see a post from my 19 year-old self on the old graffiti wall in 2001 about seeing the band for the first time merely a couple of weeks prior. Stanley Gemmel's poetrystreams, the old Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly site, this little collection from ian kaley, and on and on....
gbrignoli
Cumulus

_g
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

PS. Definitely interested in bootleg shirt or stickers
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

Talked to the sticker peeps today. I was hoping I could get half of the run as white on black, and half as black on white, but since they print on a single sheet for low quantity orders, they can't split it up like that. Would need to spend considerably more cash for many more stickers to be able to do it.

So, that means we've got a decision to make: do you guys want a white logo on black vinyl, or a black logo on white vinyl?

I can't figure out how to make a poll without making a new thread so if you've got an opinion either way, reply here and we'll see how the votes stack up.

Here's what the stickers would look like as printed:

Image Image

And just to give you an idea of what you can turn these into, here are the die-cut counterparts that you'd get if you took a pair o scissors (or an exacto-knife if you wanna get super accurate) to a sticker. Of course you could cut your outline as thick or thin as you want.

Image Image
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

traditional would be black on white, that's what I would tend towards... either way though I'd be psyched!