Where is The Slip?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

JerBearX
Poor Boy

Where is The Slip?

Hey folks. I've been sorta following what The Slip is doing these days. I had the privilege of seeing The Barr Brothers 2 years ago, and met them. I asked Brad and Andrew if there was any new Slip music on the horizon, and they both said a follow-up to Eisenhower was slated for Quarter 1 of 2012. Obviously this isn't a thing.

They've been pretty relentless in their commitment to The Barr Brothers as well. As much as I enjoy that project, The Slip is what I've come to know and love. The Wikipedia page actually references this forum, and to someone who apparently "knows" them saying Marc remains in San Francisco while Brad and Andrew moved to Montreal. This is also the first year in I think...15 years that The Slip hasn't been on the High Sierra lineup.

So Eisenhower came out over 7 years ago. The Slip's website hasn't been updated in like 2 years, most of their merch has been out-of-print for a while (Thank god I got a hoodie..). What does it look like here? Has The Slip been packed-up and forgotten for good? They were just starting to get publicity with Eisenhower (Guitar Hero, Grey's Anatomy). If they ARE done, this is too bad.

Opinions?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: Where is The Slip?

There has been some discussion of this here, so you can look through the old topics/messages.

I haven't talked to any of the guys about this specifically lately but overall my feeling is that while The Slip is not done for good, they are on an indefinite hiatus. Brad has said that he didn't want to book many dates as the Slip until they got the new album out, but I wonder if it is a chicken/egg thing at this point. They definitely have a crop of new songs, many of which they had been playing in the last few years, though some seem to have been taken up by the Barr Brothers.

I love the Barr Brothers (and SMMD) but I am really jonesing for some Slip personally.