What....is this?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

What....is this?

I was browsing Amazon today and stumbled upon this:

http://www.amazon.com/Slip-Instant-Live ... _pr_sims_t

I've never before seen this. What's the story on this one?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: What....is this?

A nice live release from a cool era. Not the best show or recording ever if I recall right, but well worth your while!!!
booher

Right. It was before the Lupo's show they recorded. But I had never heard of this one. This was right around the time I saw the Slip for the first time. I caught them at The Axis, 4-18-04, which a lot of people wasn't great (but I got a Clementine and Yaki Soba out of it, not knowing either at the time....both have since become all time favorites).

Do they have any other live releases from around this time?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

booher wrote:Do they have any other live releases from around this time?
the 'with love' compilation is very good. the fuji off that is just plain silly.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

this show has an amazing fuji (10-2-2004) ... also a good lotsa sox and wolof... although i think this whole show is pretty damn good. one of the first (maybe the second?) suffocation keeps. I have it in mp3 if you want to tell me how to put it on yousend or whatever that site is?
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

johnhk4 wrote:this show has an amazing fuji (10-2-2004) ... also a good lotsa sox and wolof... although i think this whole show is pretty damn good. one of the first (maybe the second?) suffocation keeps. I have it in mp3 if you want to tell me how to put it on yousend or whatever that site is?
If I knew the guys would get a share of it I'd buy it. But I'd take it from you for sure. You also mentioned an electric Alta Falls from a 2006 show a while back....I want to hear that, too...
Big Bob
From the Gecko

that was a pretty good show with several tunes that they had just started playing, i think...suffocation keep, reddish moon, proud.

but beware of the Instant Live disc! I have found that the paint on the bottom of the disc will start peeling away very quickly on Instant Live CDs that i got. if you get it, make a copy right away!