jfjo manager detained in cali

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

ScS
From the Gecko

jfjo manager detained in cali

scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

That totally sucks...
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I e-mail the city council expressing my concern. Others should do the same.

It's really disturbing that corporate power seems to be continuing to grow. Mercenary soldiers are fighting oversees. Now apparently mercenary policemen are patrolling the streets.

The Supreme Court recently ruled that Corporations are allowed to spend unlimited resources on politcal campaigns, etc. Politicians were already influenced greatly by corporations, and now there is no limit to their political influence. Health Insurance Companies can and will spend billions of dollars to make sure that people don't get affordable health care. Presidential and Congressional campaigns (and policies) will be completely catered towards corporate interests, because politicians want the corporate money.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

i felt sick as i read this story
its times like this where i am so proud to live in toronto where the police are respectable and willing to treat you like a human and where mercenaries are virtually non-existent

im sure all will go well for jfjo's manager, the situation seems too absurd
Twitter: @lucsamuels
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

I'm scared
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
Phrazz

fear...

....is the mind-killer. It is the weapon whereby the system turns us into robots or sponges. The first thing is to control your fear. If you cannot, you have already lost. The second thing is to control the satellites. That is the tool whereby the system manages fear. The third thing is on the tip of my tongue...but I can't say just yet. ;)

[this message will self-destruct]
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

What's haunting to me about this is in my criminal law class yesterday we were talking about how it's not often true that the prosecuting side has more resources than the defendant. But if that's true, why do they hire mercenaries? Isn't this costing their departments and the government more money, essentially for a job they can't do?
ScS
From the Gecko

anyone know how this has shaken out? are they planning to take any action?
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb