Montreal

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Montreal

so i was in montreal this weekend visiting some buddies and we hit Thames Park on sunday
everybody comes out for this massive chill on sundays, there was probably around 1000 people and everybody is drinking and smoking and playing hacky sack,frisbee, me and my friends tossed around a football
they also have this massive drum circle with all these african dudes and locals playing handdrums and whatnot, very primitive and intense (i felt like wolof was gunna break out any minute) people crowd around and dance, theres a great vibe surrounding it
anyways its a great chill when the weather is nice, i reccomend hitting it while in montreal if anyone is gunna be there during the summer
i forgot to ask if anyone knew weather brad/andrew was gunna playing any gigs during the long weekend, hopefully i didn't miss anything cause i'd be super pissed if i did
anyways just thought id share that with all of you
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I believe that is the place "Sleepyhead" is written about.
Phrazz

great reason to visit

That park sounds wonderful. There's a nice spot in Central Park in NYC with an amazing African Drum Circle...these folks are seriously talented and they get people dancing. I love city parks...especially ones where people still mingle. Used to be everywhere, maybe that's sign of a healthy social environment in a city.

I really hope you didn't miss any shows, either...what are the occasional bars that the Barrs play solo gigs at? I'd go there anyways and do recon if I were hanging out in Montreal anyways. Just ask around music and coffee shops and such...could be a fun mission. :)
Every picture tells a story.
bear
From the Gecko

yeah, the whole first verse is about those sunday mornings... "the mountain" being Mont Real - which the city is named after

would love to check it out someday. my cousin lives in Montreal but I've only been in winter. amazing city
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

I'll second that
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable