No votes
a new SMMD album in the next 12 months
100%

Total votes: 20

putty
From the Gecko

what do y'all think is more likely?

after hearing about these SMMD shows, this got me a thinkin

edit: well, i guess that poll didn't come out exactly like i had hoped.

there was supposed to be a third option of "neither."
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I would put good money on a new Mr. Davis album. Though I don't believe the Slip is dead for good I get the impression they need to let it lie fallow for a while. It also seems that Mr. Davis has debuted a whole album's worth of songs and that they are much more motivated at the moment.

I had been hoping for a full album's worth of the Only in Montreal EP but at this point I am guessing that has fallen by the wayside...
tyler
From the Gecko

i do get the feeling, based on all the new songs being debuted and the fact that Nathan and Marc just spent 10 days in Montreal with the other guys, that some Mr. Davis recording is in the works, if not already begun. i'm all for it.

i remember hearing that the Only in Montreal EP was only a teaser for an album to come. Wonder what ever came of that. this reminds me though, I have a studio version of Rubber Ball on my computer...anyone have any idea where it might've come from?
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

i feel like a smmd will definitly happen first, maybe for the best
their music is very accessible, i sent around that Sisyphus to my friends who haven't been able to get into the Slip and they dug it hard
also, in terms of live performances, brad seems to be way more relaxed and on when he is sharing the vocals
too bad their not playing any other festivals other than High Sierra, a solid performance at Bonnaroo could have done them wonders
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

i do think that there is some possibility of a SMMD album in the future. i would really like brad to get an EP out really soon. as far as the slip goes, i encourage them to take as much time as they need to build some new energy and develop the sound. although the new stuff is great, i dont remember seeing the same energy at my last slip show as i saw SMMD put out in northampton on saturday.
Phrazz

Re: what do y'all think is more likely?

putty wrote: edit: well, i guess that poll didn't come out exactly like i had hoped.

there was supposed to be a third option of "neither."
The BBoard poll interface is a little weird. You have to start to add a fourth question to get the third to stick (just leave the fourth one blank). Maybe that's fixed in a newer release.

Looks like there's much higher demand (roughly similar to hopes or wishes) for a new SMMD album. I share the sentiments that Brad plays better when Nathan is taking primary lead vocals. As much as we don't like to hear direct comparisons, Nathan is also a better singer (and Brad of course is a better guitarist ;-}). We both know who's the better magician, but do you know who's the best juggler of the four of them? 8)

Now with songwriting comparisons, I also agree that SMMD is more accessible (therefore, more marketable). Plus, I also feel that change brings energy, and energy brings innovation.
hoby

tyler wrote:I have a studio version of Rubber Ball on my computer...anyone have any idea where it might've come from?
I've got a Frogville sampler that has Thamusement's studio version of "Rubberball." Looks like the album title is "Never Settle for Less."

hoby
tyler
From the Gecko

Ah maybe that's it. though it sounds a lot more like a Surprise Me song than a Thamusemeant song.
chloe
Lion on a Rock

psst..... if this good press is any indication of a burgeoning buzz.....

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/5 ... davis.html

enjoy....
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

well tyler, if you've got a studio version of rubber ball that sounds like smmd, please share it! you would know if you've got the ThaMuseMeant version, as Aimee is singing with nathan...
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

glide magazine is a great mag, i don't think its too wide read
i sent an email to rollingstone letting them know about the shows just for shits, i mean jim james name dropped the boys in rolling stone and nothing ever came of it, what the fucks that all about
Colin

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/4 ... t-out.html

this one was also entertaining.

"musical hipsters, the slip" -- i liked that one, haha