JFJO CD release/listening party- SF

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

jason0525
Yaki Soba

JFJO CD release/listening party- SF

Hello Friends!

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey will be releasing its next album, 'Lil Tae Ride Again', with Hyena Records as CD & 180gm Vinyl on Tuesday, April 8th. To celebrate the release of the album there will be a CD release/listening party the day the album comes (Tues.April 8th) out at the Connecticut Yankee in San Francisco. The event is FREE. We will be playing the album (loud) in its entirety starting around 8pm. There will be door prizes for JFJO goodies like a copy of the new CD, spots on the guest list to the show on Friday, April 11th @ Cafe Du Nord, and in addition the album will be for sale. Be the first to get a copy of the CD! Come on out, this promises to be a great night, and a fun start to the JFJO nor cal tour:

Thurs. Apr 10th, 2008 - Kuumbwa Jazz Center - Santa Cruz, CA
Fri. Apr 11th, 2008 - Cafe DuNord - San Francisco, CA
Sat. Apr 12th, 2008 - Digital Signature @ Portuguese Hall (w/Bluetech & VibeSquad & more!) Arcata, CA

Download 'Tae Parade' off of the new album here: http://hyenarecords.com/audio/download/ ... Parade.mp3

Check out the following links for some video clips, audio samples, and more information about the album and tour:

www.jfjo.com
www.myspace.com/jacobfredjazzodyssey
http://www.youtube.com/user/LilTaeRidesAgain
http://www.hyenarecords.com/catalog/jacobfred/liltae

Please note, the band will not be present at the CD release party, but make sure to check them out Friday, April 11 at Cafe Du Nord with Mushroom supporting!
jason0525
Yaki Soba

just over 2 weeks til jacob fred week in SF!! start getting yourselves prepared

This will be the first trip west with drummer Josh Raymer, who joined JFJO's Brian Haas and Reed Mathis midway through last year. In addition we have enlisted some very special help for this tour. For the entirety of the run we will be accompanied onstage by Tae Meyulks and Pete Tomshany to help us re-create the lush sonic tapestries found on the new album. Prepare for sensory overload as we take it even further by having a VJ do projections every night as well. Even those who have seen JFJO before should prepare to be astonished!
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I will be at Du Nord for sure. Tuesday at the Yankee is a bit rough, especially considering how strong the drinks are there!
jason0525
Yaki Soba

oh, you know you can make it out on a tuesday. iitll be worth your while- you can get a good listen to the new album on their sound system, have a couple drinks and even win yourself a copy of the new album or tickets to the show on friday. itll be a good couple hours spent on a tuesday evening, i can promise you wont regret it
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Do you really think it will start at 8? Live music at the Yankee generally doesn't start until 10 because of all of the people having dinner...
jason0525
Yaki Soba

the music may not start at 8 on the nose, but i am shooting to get everyone there around 8ish, in hopes to get the album started by 8:30.....since its not technically "live music" since a band isnt playing, people can still enjoy listening to the album while having dinner, dont really need to focus on the stage or anything like that.

its gonna be a party, you should make it out! this new album is incredible
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

this new album is incredible
It is really cool. It's more Tae than JFJO but sourced from all JFJO. The Tas record I have from a few years back is sick. The new JFJO is loads of fun to hear. Definitely a bit of a departure but at the same time it's very JFJO. I am looking forward to the new new album. I'm sure that will be a while. Defintely check this out is your a JFJO fan, Tae fan, or a fan of ambient electronic sort of stuff. I am no good at describing music especially electronic types of things. Preorder it and get the kick ass "Rick Mahogany" live disc.
jason0525
Yaki Soba

enter to win tickets and/or a copy of the new album here

http://www.jambase.com/Contests/Contest ... ntest=6153
jason0525
Yaki Soba

just a reminder for everyone to pick up the new album tomorrow, and if you are in san francisco, head out to the connecticut yankee tomorrow night (tuesday the 8th) around 8pm to hear the new album for the first time! see ya there!!
lumpy
From the Gecko

Got the disc in the mail a few days back - but have only listened to it once so far. Very different from past JFJO, but some consistent threads too.

looking forward to cafe du nord! Harry, Jason - who else?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Got mine today, listened casually and it sounded good, a bit more electronica than traditional Fred. Also came with a bonus disc from 9/27 and 9/28/07 I believe which I have yet to listen to. I'm guessing they are from Cleantone's multi's! I am psyched for Friday though really not sure about Tuesday.
tyler
From the Gecko

When you say more electronica, would you say they're going more towards Duo or more towads, say, The New Deal?
jason0525
Yaki Soba

for those of you who just got the disc- listen to it a few times, loud! itll grow on you the more and more you listen to it- its incredible. for those of you who havnt picked it up yet, do yourself a favor and grab it! you can get it tonight at the listning party in SF- CD and vinyl!

herers a great article with brian describing the new sound http://nonzine.com/articles/jfjo.htm

tonight is the night in SF!! party at conn yankee- 8pm!

if you are in socal- tonight they are playing in san diego, tomorrow LA. then moving up to norcal for a show thursday in santa cruz, friday in SF, and saturday in arcatia!

see you all out there!!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

got it off itunes last night. only listened to it once so far, but it sounds awesome. very good first impression and definitely a departure from the jfjo sound i'm used to. anxious to get the vinyl version.