JFJO

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Phrazz

JFJO

I just caught Reed, Brian and Josh at the State Theatre last night. These guys never cease to amaze -- something like "interplanetary mindblaster jazz" still falls short of describing such intensity and fluid complexity (if that's at all possible, JFJO realizes it). I also learned that the motto "A True Patriot Questions Our Lying Government" is an original quote, penned by Brian Haas (and copyrighted ;-}). That quote is so adroit, I figured it was Satre or someone like that. Fascinating. Maybe Haas is the Satre of our generation?

Edit: Josh, their new drummer, is very talented and dare I say dangerous? I'd put him on the radar as one of the new young drummers to watch.
Last edited by Phrazz on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every picture tells a story.
lumpy
From the Gecko

I miss the Fred! Particularly at high sierra this year. Brian Hass is one of my favorite musicians to watch, and JFJO is my preferred platform. Glad to hear they're still getting you going without J. Smart - I listened to one recording of the new lineup, but that doesn't come close to hearing it live. I got to see Reed @ Yoshi's with Marco, but his playing seemed so contained compared to the limitless of the Fred.

Random tangent - anybody at high sierra 2000 witness Brian Hass and Andrew Barr facing off in the vaudeville tent late-night? The two of them setup like The Duo, both playing with such intensity and utilizing all the noise-making objects surrounding them: the stage, the metal railing, bottles, etc. One of the best little things I've stumbled upon!
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

by the way... how long ago did jason leave the band. i just heard bout it this week
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

This past June I believe. I haven't seen these guys in a while though I did see Reed with Benevento and Chamberlain at Yoshi's last month.

Re: High Sierra late night madness in '00 I think I caught some of that, or maybe it was Benevento/Hass. I remember the weird sounds wafting over from the Vaudeville Tent. Gotta love High Sierra! I hope the Fred will be back this year... Duo would be great also!