so i was just driving home...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tyler
From the Gecko

so i was just driving home...

i was just driving and at a red light i pulled up behind a jeep cherokee with the slip shell sticker, which i have the same of. that's about all there is to the story but i got oddly excited seeing another slip sticker out on the road. good call, fellow jeep driver. :D
Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

I was drivin round the Dartmouth/Westport area with a slip sticker on..... well it's a green Camry.......and its not the shell one.... oh well. Hope you had a good night.
-Caleb
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I just ordered a bunch of the shell stickers from merch. They're only $1! January and I have them on our cars now, gave some to some friends at a party tonight.
Last edited by harrymcq on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i put mine on my nalgene if thats how you spell it.

i also have gotten tattoos before! haha
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

you have a slip tattoo? put up a pic
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I think he is talking about those stick on's. I got a Phish tattoo in 1994 when I was dumb. My buddy gave it to me. It was one of his first and now he has been professional for many years. Anyway I thought it was cool for about three years. I've hated it since. Members of the band have seen it and given me a little shit too. How embarrassing...
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

yes the stick on from water
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I've never gotten myself inked, not my deal really, but the Slip logo could be cool as a tat because it is so subtle. I know a few folks with GD tattoos, SYF's mostly, including one a buddy in college had that looked awful, almost as if the tattoo artist had had half a bottle of whiskey and barely remembered seeing a Dead sticker on someone's car a couple of years ago. To each their own I guess.

Were the Phish guys giving you shit, Clinton? That sucks.

The craziest band/tattoo related incident I ever witnessed was when I was on tour with "The Dead" selling Kreutzmann's artwork in '03. This one guy got a piece and asked Kreutzmann to sign his arm with a sharpie. Weird, we thought. Lesh was doing a blood drive the next day and he said he was going to that. A couple of days later, we see the guy in a hotel elevator, fresh tattoos on his arm. He had gotten their signatures tattooed on his arm!!! I was a little repulsed by it and the next year I saw the same guy, he had gotten Weir and Hart to do the same thing (god knows how) and he had a tattoo of Jerry's hand with the missing finger in the middle..... I think there might have been a little pic. of Pigpen somewhere in there.