hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

An AMAZING article

It's pretty long but totally worth the read:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=artslot
putty
From the Gecko

great read.

although i did notice that seemingly the only person with expert advice outside of the story debunked the whole idea.

i agree with the writer though, that people's priorities are a tad askew.
Phrazz

wow

"Masters of the Universe miss a rainbow on the way to work."

This is a sad state of society, but I'm amazed at Bell's undaunted attitude.

I wouldn't recognize him, but I would hope I'd know talent when I heard it.
Non-Fiction
Ambrosia Drunk

This is incredible! What a nice read. I wish they wouldve tried to con new york city, in that case I hope I would recognize talent when I heard it, too. (though it wouldnt be too hard if he played chaconne, its one of my favorite pieces)

I know that as a commuter using the subway my heart hurts every time I hear something I like, but can not stay because of time. Oh but if the Steel Drum man is out I stop dead before I can remind myself Im trying to get somewhere. Im usually on my way to class...and usually running late. I always think about, and get discouraged by the humdrum monotony of the morning shuffle. It makes me think of the book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. In the beginning a character is sad and says to the author
"'It was all those people in the cars coming the other way, the first one looked so sad. And then the next one looked exactly the same way, and then the next one and the next one, they were all the same.' 'They were just commuting to work'...'well you know, work, Monday morning. Half asleep. Who goes to work Monday morning with a grin?' 'It's just that they looked so lost,' she says ' Like they were all dead. Like a funeral procession.' I see what she is saying, but logically it doesnt go anywhere. You work to live and that's what they are doing."
And if there's one thing I know to be true, it's let what you love be what you do.
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

Funny, When used to practice in the street I got a similar ratio.
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Quite a good read. I think I had heard of Bell before but would have no chance at all of recognizing him and my knowledge of classical music is pretty shallow but I would have like to think that I would have stopped. I have passed by quite of good music in public transit, especially when late or with other folks goin' somewhere so who knows.