Phrazz

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Anyone see these?
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

in boston

no but backed up traffic alot.

i read the comment by one of the city officals that "this publicity stunt went to far!!"

...yet those things were in place for over a month apparently, and even in other cities around the US. so this wasn't a one day act of publicity, as I would understand it. they detonated with an explosive the first one found, and showed it on the local news stations, and said it was definatley a bomb etc. etc. but they were'nt bombs. it seems that any suggestions that indicate an over reaction by the police spark the response "well you can't do that in today's world"... its just interesting to me, like when police in the UK shot that guy on the subway because of hightened fears. it makes me angry that police over acting these days is almost always allowed under the screen of 'post 9/11'. now that cartoon is probably going to get alot of flac, but it is bizarre because it was just a silly little light up thing, that only exploded when detonated by another explosive.

-john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

what the hell are you guys talking about? the cartoon? they have signs or ads?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

^^^this is what caused panic in boston yesterday. as an ATHF fan, i find this hilariously epic. as an american, i am not amused at what a nation of pussies we've allowed ourselves to become.

ignignokt and er- 1
beantown- 0

the moon rulz #1

JEFFfromNC

So I was out of the loop...
Just read a bunch of news articles on it and I must say this is absolutely hilariously. BOMBS??? Who the f*** advertises their bombs with bright LEDs. Morons in Boston, they are. From what I read this also happened in SanFran but no one thought anything of it or called it in. Sad thing is they arrested the two guys that hung them up and are threatening them with 2-5 years. Pathetic, but typical.
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Phrazz

Why we should Fear Police instead

When I hear more of the details, the more ludicrous this circus becomes. To think some magnetic lite brite has a bunch of super cops freaking out because they finally noticed the things a month later sounds like something right out of a science fiction novel. But this is the Amerikka we live in today. It's all about overreacting with excessive force. Like somehow that's going to trickle down to the real terrorists and get them to stop watching cartoons?

I mean what the hell have we allowed our police to become? Laughing stocks? It's hardly professional, and extremely psychological. These cops really have serious mental and emotional problems and need immediate help or they'll start shooting people like they did in London. Very bad thing this is and Boston is reacting a lot worse than all the other cities. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves or that's why people blow us up. Because they think *that* is funny. Don't these steroid bumpers get it yet? Joke's on them!!!

Thanks for the second photo...that's just brilliant.

Here's a bad joke:

What do you get if you mix a lite brite with bacon grease?
Copper Foolmelater.

That's a very stupid joke and you have to know a little about explosives for it to make any sense at all. That little black/grey powder in the fun snaps is called silver fulminate, btw and is not as half as dangerous as steroid-laden brain-damaged super-cops vying for TV attention (but angry that Turner got to them first?).

FDR said there is "Nothing to fear except fear itself" and he meant that in a big way. But still, this reaction to the lite brites on bridges sort of reminds me of putting all the Japanese American citizens in internment camps in WWII (not FDR's wisest move) and many of the Arab Americans in Gitmo now. It's just a sign of the times.

Another thing I've noticed is when some people say "Post 9/11", they really mean to say "Police State", but are too chicken or too right wing (or too stupid or vain to realize or acknowledge their own fear even exists in the first place). Funnier still when it comes from these so-called "Professors". Are they professing that the fear is OK? Or being politically correct to get their next paycheck?

Back to reality...but that will take generations. I'm hoping we can fix the fear problem before the whole game turns nuclear. The fear itself is a big part (maybe the biggest part) of the problem. Solving the fear game does not mean improving your gun-twirling skills! It means using our goddamned heads and thinking like humans instead of twitching like lizards!!!!!

-Phrazz

P.S.: Reminds me of the exploding toothpaste that took down so many jet airliners last year. It'll be eyeliner next. Then blue jeans. Sooner or later we'll all have to fly naked. It won't take much longer at this rate.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: Why we should Fear Police instead

Phrazz wrote:P.S.: Reminds me of the exploding toothpaste that took down so many jet airliners last year. It'll be eyeliner next. Then blue jeans. Sooner or later we'll all have to fly naked. It won't take much longer at this rate.
yeah, i had good time going through airport security last week. i was late, so i didnt check any luggage and right before i get to the stink zone (where you have to take your shoes off and get scanned) they ask if i have any liquids over 2 oz. i had two tubes of toothpaste in my personal care bag. that combined with my 3 day beard and frantic behavior raised a few eyebrows. i think what saved me was my ayatollah assholla tshirt.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Here's a reasonably comprehensive report :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-D0F4Q9yk

And here are the evildoers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkTNJ7BM9I
Phrazz

smile at security

Always remember to smile, especially when you present ID and/or boarding pass. Try not to sweat. Check the gels and pastes but you can stuff stuff inside other things and they really won't care too much about small toiletries (they've loosened up a little, but airports vary a lot with stress levels and stupidity of various personnel). Always help other passengers (also speeds up the line) and for godsakes if they ask you anything difficult, just start taking off your clothing right in public because that shows you have nothing to hide!!!! T-shirts like "I eat Al Quaida for breakfast" always help, and if you are shaved bald and have a police walkie talkie, even better (then they think you're an Air Marshall).

I hope these little hints help us all feel safer in the air.

I know I feel a lot safer because no bad guy would ever use *solid* explosives. I heard they're not as easy to make. *yeah sure*

Remember the WWII exploding cookie (perfectly edible)? Tasty, too!

-Phrazz

P.S.: Always remember: a false sense of security is far worse than no security at all. And look both ways before crossing the street.... :)