THE SLIP ON GREYS ANATOMY

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dann

THE SLIP ON GREYS ANATOMY

Tune into ABC tonight at 9 EST for a slip song!

-Dan
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

a slip song isnt worth watching that show. please fill me in afterwards.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

HA! they could debut a new song and it still wouldn't be enough to make me watch that show!
francis
From the Gecko

tim wrote:HA! they could debut a new song and it still wouldn't be enough to make me watch that show!
if it was a new song, i would watch.

just like i watched when i really had to know what a code black was after the super bowl.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
fourthaye
Lion on a Rock

Life in Disguise - they got the Closing Song spot taboot! Way to go boys!
~good energy perpetuates good energy~
Dann

that was really fitting
SamNo.2

Life in Disguise closed the show. Pretty thrilling and surreal actually. Something told me the song would be the outro music, so I only tuned in for the last few minutes...and sure enough.............
JEFFfromNC

Yea, just caught it. SWEET!!! :lol:
I about fell off the couch...
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Alsoa74
Even Rats

I just saw it when I walked into the room when my sis was watching....surprised the shit outta me and i yelled in shock and awe and i frightened her.
SamNo.2

Say what you will about Grey's Anatomy, (I'm not a fan), but

People, what we just witnessed was BY FAR AND AWAY - by several orders of magnitude - the largest exposure The Slip's music has ever gotten in the band's history.

Last week, "Grey's Anatomy" dominated the 9 p.m. hour with a 14.7/22, by far the night's best rating.

One ratings point equals just over 1,000,000 households, or one percent of the nation's roughly 120,000,000 million viewing households.......so that means that in all likelihood:

Well over 10,000,000 million people watched that show, and we know that the highest number tunes in for the end.....Dawson's Creek this ain't.

That's a lot of people.

KUDOS to The Slip's management and publicity for an outstanding pr coup. Between this and Rolling Stone, I'd say its been quite a month.

Congratulations, gentlemen.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

was there any mention of the slip or eisenhower by name?
kiwi
Even Rats

The Slip appearance on Grey's Anatomy

Whoa, weird... I didn't know it was coming and as soon as those opening chords started I just about jumped out of my seat, heh... perfect placement for the song, too... (I admit, my wife and I love the show, heh)
SamNo.2

No mention on the broadcast, but there should be something up on the show's website soon...be interesting to see what the "music supervisor" has to say:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatom ... ?pn=mguide

So the question is, of the 10-15 million people who watched the show, how many might be motivated by the "outro music" to go online and find out who wrote it?

If one percent of people who watched the show did that, that would be 100,000 - 150,000 people....likely a lot less, but interesting to think about.

This week's episode was Six Weeks, part 2. Last week, TRAVIS had the outro music.

Ok. I now know way more about Grey's Anatomy than I ever wanted to.

And I think GA, (did I just write that?), is on later out West....in fact should be just coming on in the Central time zone now....
SamNo.2

OK PEEPS, check this out:

http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/grey ... hread=true

Posted: Jan 18 @ 08:01 PM
by: mm21207 (5 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 18, 2007
i want the last song they played tho how long do they wait to update it the website

Posted: Jan 18 @ 07:54 PM
by: braunsam (1 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 18, 2007
Anybody know who sings the song at the end of the episode when georges father dies?

by: cassgirlnyc0817 (24 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 17, 2007
I was crying so hard, then when I saw Meredith and Derek snuggle up, I had to smile through my tears!

by: yayforpapayas (6307 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Apr 02, 2006
This was me of the last 2 minutes of the episode: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted: Jan 18 @ 07:13 PM
by: 13Fergus13 (1 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 18, 2007
This is the first time I've ever gone to a broadcast TV site after the show was aired to see who the music was by and the latest episode music list is not posted. I've gone through 10 minutes to register so that I could post this. For a major corporation you would think that they would be on the ball, especially with the iTunes connection. I hope someone at ABC is paying attention and looks for some new web support.

Posted: Jan 18 @ 07:08 PM
by: kkluvsGA (58 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 04, 2007
So i know they put them up at ABC but i need to get them now. What are the names of the last two songs? THe one they played while george's dad died and the one while george was talking to christina?

Posted: Jan 18 @ 07:19 PM
by: RGValleyGal (1 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 18, 2007
I agree ... I want to find out who sang the closing song . .. it is awesome! I agree that they need to show credits. They took time to show a memorial thought for someone who apparently died and is related to the cast or crew.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

SamNo.2 wrote:No mention on the broadcast, but there should be something up on the show's website soon...be interesting to see what the "music supervisor" has to say:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatom ... ?pn=mguide
awesome, they have a direct link to itunes for some of the song, i hope link ike up.