Zappa & Claymation

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Zappa & Claymation

Haven't been around for a while...I hope everyone is doing well. I guess no Japan reviews and no word yet of a tour. Just enjoying summer here in San Diego...lots of good music, friends, surf, yummy food and more. If any of you are ever in the area, let me know so you can join us!

I Don't know if you've all seen this but if not check it out. Awesome detailed claymation...this is a must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLquKr9369o

Peace,
Robyn
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The independant film channel had a whole special about the guy who made that. He was pretty weird. There was a whole portion about his work with Frank.
francis
From the Gecko

i believe this is from baby snakes.

edit: the animation is.. this is a cd version i think.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Tone:
Right...Zappa said the claymation was a once in a life-time thing. It really was such a huge production and it cost so much but I'm glad they did it.

Francis: Yes, there was claymation done for 'Baby Snakes' as well as 'Inca Roads' but I have seen a BBC special where the claymation plays all throughout.

Dude's creative claymation makes me want to get the corn starch and water out, it makes a great melty toy to play with/in....one of these days I'll fill a kiddie pool with it, have my paints on hand and go to town