Japhy Ryder is playing Lumberjam!!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Japhy Ryder is playing Lumberjam!!

Wow... they're coming the whole way from up north to our little fest in WV!! Katie, does that mean I'll finally get to meet you?? (I'm sure your bubbling with excitement over that one... :roll: :lol: )

Incidently, if you don't know what lumberjam is.. it's basically a fest thrown by bands in the Pittsburgh area... basically a glorified party.. this year, hopefully, it will be the biggest it has been yet as it's being hosted at Sunshine Daydream, Terra Alta, WV.. tickets will be like $20-25..... plus my band is playing... (if that's not reason enough to go...)

check it out... http://www.lumberjam.com

2006 Line-up
Line-up is tentative and subject to change.
Wino Riot
Fourth River (my band)
CK9 and the Old E Allstars
Thred
Mr. Devious
Borderless Puzzle
Alchemy
Grimace
Big With Seed
ZEN
Japhy Ryder
Spooner
Seven
King Cotton Rounders
Northern Shoveler
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Katie
Invocation

Woah, that's news to me! I can't confirm that till I talk my probably-still-sleeping boyfriend, but yeah the link on the band lineup page def points to my Japhy's website. So sweet, that's cool. They've got a new booking agent who's been hinting at some travel in the works, starting in July. This would certainly explain it.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

cool.. it should be an awesome show... and with a couple of slip people there.. that means a group of individuals in the baltimore/washington area have no reason not to come and rage it up that weekend!!

especially with tickets being as cheap as they will be... plus it's gonna be a small fest.. plus you can probably get away with throwing fruits and vegetables at me while I'm on stage... :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

So the word from the Japhy house is that this isn't entirely confirmed yet, but will most likely be near the end of a week-long string of shows heading south. There will probably be a stop in Pittsburgh before too. I won't do the whole week with them, but that does sound like fun, so yup, I'm in. I'll probably round up a few VTers and meet up with them for the weekend.

Oh, and you're in luck Pat, I recently planted some tomatoes. :wink: haha.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Keep me posted if they are planning on a stop in Pittsburgh... date and what not.. if they need to get in somewhere or need an opener.. I know a bunch of people and what not...

Lumberjam is gonna be awesome.. I've never played a festival before so I'm uuuuuuber excited... we should be getting our last P'cafe show matrix soon... and hopefully it will be posted on archive... when/if it is.. I'll make sure to post the link...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

according to this post over at the lumberjam board
Japhy Ryder wrote:here we come folks. thanks for inviting us to your beautiful state. who's mitchells mom?
they are comfirmed... right?? That's sweet.. I'm getting hella stoked... anybody that comes.. I think you will be really blown away by some of the talent we have in the Pittsburgh area... (which includes WV..).. but there are also 2-3 bands from State College, 1 band from Erie, and Japhy Ryder (VT??)... gonna be off the hook! Alright.. I'll shut up about it now...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

Yup, confirmed as of last night, which is pretty quick considering none of them knew about this yesterday morning. They're quite amused by the fact that I knew about this before anyone in the band (I called my boyfriend Pat and he hopped online to see the link, and there was an e-mail from the booking guy). So you're ahead of the game on this one.

So yeah, we'll be there, probably with a small crew of Japhy fans. The guitarist Jeremy has friends and family in the Pittsburgh area, and there's a small but intense fanbase in Philly that I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up along the way. I'm excited, I love summer shows. 8)
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Like I said... keep me posted... maybe I can help them get a thursday show in Pittsburgh, if you'd like.. There's a great venue called the Thunderbird Cafe that always has thursday shows... Let me know... and I'll start talking to people... if they want.. no promises...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

Pstehley wrote:Like I said... keep me posted... maybe I can help them get a thursday show in Pittsburgh, if you'd like.. There's a great venue called the Thunderbird Cafe that always has thursday shows... Let me know... and I'll start talking to people... if they want.. no promises...
Thanks Pat, I think the people putting together lumberjam are going to help get them a show in Pittsburgh, but I did spread the word and told them you might be able to help if they need it.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

So Doodis Productions is gonna hook them up... incidently.. my bass player is one of the people putting on lumberjam... in fact.. I know the whole crew...

Big Dog - Mitchell
Rest of the Dogs
Shane
Jeebas
Bill (my bass player)

(I think that's the main people...).. But yeah Mitchell can get you put in the Thunderbird.. (in fact, that's probably who I would have talked to.. or at least Talked to Billy... cause I see him all the time...)

alright... well, let me know if I can be of any assistance...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Pstehley wrote:So Doodis Productions is gonna hook them up... incidently.. my bass player is one of the people putting on lumberjam... in fact.. I know the whole crew...

Doodis Productons
Big Dog - Mitchell (mostly Mitchell, but for lumberjam...)

Rest of the Dogs
Shane
Jeebas
Bill (my bass player)

(I think that's the main people...).. But yeah Mitchell can get you put in the Thunderbird.. (in fact, that's probably who I would have talked to.. or at least Talked to Billy... cause I see him all the time...)

Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Jeebas

Pstehley wrote:So Doodis Productions is gonna hook them up... incidently.. my bass player is one of the people putting on lumberjam... in fact.. I know the whole crew...

Big Dog - Mitchell
Rest of the Dogs
Shane
Jeebas
Bill (my bass player)

Doodis Productions....no such entity, it's LumberJam LLC now :twisted:

I am pretty sure the Thunderbird Cafe has someone on 7/20, was just speaking ot the owner about booking dates in July and he said the only two he had open were earlier in the month. We'll find Japhy Ryder somehting though I'm sure..

Jeebas/Nick
Bassist, Wino Riot
LJ Planning Committee
Jeebas

Big Dog - Mitchell
Rest of the Dogs
Shane
Jeebas
Bill (my bass player)

I am pretty sure the Thunderbird Cafe has someone on 7/20, was just speaking to the owner about booking dates in July and he said the only two he had open were earlier in the month. We'll find Japhy Ryder something though I'm sure..

Jeebas/Nick
Bassist, Wino Riot
LJ Planning Committee
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Jeebas wrote:

Big Dog - Mitchell
Rest of the Dogs
Shane
Jeebas
Bill (my bass player)

I am pretty sure the Thunderbird Cafe has someone on 7/20, was just speaking to the owner about booking dates in July and he said the only two he had open were earlier in the month. We'll find Japhy Ryder something though I'm sure..

Jeebas/Nick
Bassist, Wino Riot
LJ Planning Committee
Wow.. romping around on my turf.. (and with a double post none the less) I thought Mitchell was still gonna do production... see.. you learn something new everyday...

listen to Jeebas.. he'll help them get hooked up..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

Thanks guys. I know my roommates appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. :D