the slip revolution

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

joan jett

the slip revolution

The slip playing dance dance revolution?
What the hell is this about? who ever thought of putting the slip in a video game designed to rape and pillage the fine art of guitar based rock and roll?
Can someone please clarify how this amounts to alright?
Phrazz

Urban Dancehall Denizens Unite!

Regarding dance revolutionarianism, I think everyone was getting varicose veins from standing in one place for too long.

As for the video game -- it's not just a game, it's an adventure. Sure, it's a bastardization for guitar simpletons, but is it worse to waste time playing video games instead of wasting time trying to play guitar?

The good news is that Even Rats made the cut for the game, but that's also the bad news. Now we'll see many video-game kiddies showing up trying to get into the 18-and-over shows with their older brothers' fake IDs. :)
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

It is a very bizarre direction for the Slip's fanbase to branch out in. Its funny how many kids who comment on their myspace who's favorite bands are Fall Out Boy and The Slip.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Well thier old fans weren't coming to shows anymore anyway. Why not branch out a bit? Whoever digs the music and gets to hear it will come on board. This fan website only has 150 members. It could and should have 1500, or 15,000. There is plenty of room if you ask me. Doesn't bother me a bit. I think it is awesome that they got the tune on the game. Even better that so many people claim to like it best out of all the other tunes on the gam.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

durring gym class i was stumbling through my friends ipod and i find the slip, a bit shocked, then i open it up and its Even Rats. I was like happy and felt good to see it there, and hes like yeah have you heard the game guitar hero and then told him my slip history and everything.

He opens and ends with even rats all the time, and when I showed him pandora he was telling me he really likes when they use the sax (he plays himself). Then i told about Timo and all the other things. Today i looked at his ipod again, he now has does, live is my jumby, angels, and the paradise show from october.

just made me feel good.

Dan
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

he now has does, live is my jumby, angels, and the paradise show from october.
They have that on Limewire? :wink:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

no he got it at strawberrys ha ha
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i think it it amounts to alright cause it's giving BAM crazy publicity. it's funny to read their myspace comments from the guitar hero kids.

my favorite,
Random myspace dude wrote:lol I first heard your music on Guitar Hero. I usually listen to rap but because of "Even Rats" I've started listenin to your kinda music. You guys are great!
Phrazz

lurkers vs posters

Hey Cleantone,

How many people read these boards and never post and never sign up? Take a guess what percentage is the actual number of signed users. I sure hope we don't hit 1500 people, or this board will be very hard to manage. Running a site is not about quantity only...publicity has many forms (and rational discourse also has its limits). Sure there's plenty of room, but a nice steady slow growth beats explosive downtime over the long run. You get too many people too fast and everyone suffers. Plus the budget isn't set to handle that many people right now...over time someone has to "gear up" for all the new keyboard krunchers.

I'm frankly glad that The Slip are getting exposure in another dimension. Video games are one thing, but a "classic" video game with real playability and mass appeal may open them up to markets previously unknown. These new fans will grow older and in a decade or so will be able to go to 21+ shows and buy you a beer, so you can't knock it, really. ;-}

And Dan's friend went out and bought all those albums...just incredible!

-Phrazz

P.S.: You'd be surprised how many BAM old-schoolers who have had kids still go to shows. But equally many just stop going, even with no kids. There are other good reasons. Life is just like that.
AcRj
Mudslide

my favorite,

Random myspace dude wrote:
lol I first heard your music on Guitar Hero. I usually listen to rap but because of "Even Rats" I've started listenin to your kinda music. You guys are great!

That is classic. My fav also
I hope you live as long as you like and love as long as you live.
some dude

While Reading this thread the even rats from the AS220 fest came on but; there's all this talk about the video game and people starting to listen to the band because of it and more specifically Even Rats itself. What's going to happen when BAM stops playing the song? All these new "fans" are going to drop these guys like an empty beer cup at Lupo's. It's very dangerous to try and get a fan base from only one song and I don't think anyone is looking that far into the future.

If they're still going to shows by the time Even Rats gets dropped from regular setlists, then they're probably into a lot more than just that one song. No big deal.

As for worrying about a bunch of preteen video game kids running around at all ages Slip shows...look at it this way, most of them probably have to be home by 9, so they won't be too much a problem. Though, if I ever saw a line of soccer moms and minivans outside Lupo's to pick up their kids after a show, like its the local movie theater, I'd probably laugh.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

It's very dangerous to try and get a fan base from only one song and I don't think anyone is looking that far into the future.
I don't think there was such a concious desision about it. Should they have not gotten involved at all because of that "danger"? What would your option have been?
sm
Beantown Rocker

Though, if I ever saw a line of soccer moms and minivans outside Lupo's to pick up their kids after a show, like its the local movie theater, I'd probably laugh.
i'd put on my milf hunter hat...
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Cleantone wrote:Well thier old fans weren't coming to shows anymore anyway. Why not branch out a bit? Whoever digs the music and gets to hear it will come on board. This fan website only has 150 members. It could and should have 1500, or 15,000. There is plenty of room if you ask me. Doesn't bother me a bit. I think it is awesome that they got the tune on the game. Even better that so many people claim to like it best out of all the other tunes on the gam.
word for word, the truth.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH