whatever happened to the Slip on Archive.org?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

whatever happened to the Slip on Archive.org?

I thought I remembered Cleantone saying awhile back that the Slip had cleared it......anyone know what's going on?

I might as well throw in a quick grovel too, does anyone know where I can find a copy of 8/5/02, the Duo w/Andrew and Marc at HOB Boston? sick, sick show.......it probably wasn't even taped.....

was anyone here at that show and remember how great it was?
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Archive is on hold for reasons that relate to NYE and Buttonwood and more... No idea of a time frame. I'd like that HOB show too if it was recorded.
headnugg
Invocation

Clinton do you remember the date of the Brad Barr solo show at Murph's where he covered Little Red Corvette?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The times I now about Brad playing there are:

8/25/03
12/1/03
7/21/04
1/17/05
5/16/05
6/1/05
headnugg
Invocation

indeed it was the Brad solo show on 7/21/04, I got a speeding ticket that night on Rt. 9 heading home, and fought it just for the hell of it. 6 mos. later in court, with the help of a $9.99 E-book bought on Ebay, entitled "How to Beat a Speeding Ticket", I did in fact do just that. Best day of my life.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

headnugg wrote:indeed it was the Brad solo show on 7/21/04, I got a speeding ticket that night on Rt. 9 heading home, and fought it just for the hell of it. 6 mos. later in court, with the help of a $9.99 E-book bought on Ebay, entitled "How to Beat a Speeding Ticket", I did in fact do just that. Best day of my life.
wow! give us some advice. i know a girl who got 4 speeding tickets in the past 6 months.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
FromTheGrieco
Mudslide

diesel wrote: wow! give us some advice. i know a girl who got 4 speeding tickets in the past 6 months.
Tell her to slow down! :D
headnugg
Invocation

well, what this thing said was basically to attack the radar and the officer. Send a letter to the police station requesting all the info on the radar(which they have to give you), when it was last calibrated, the instructional manual that comes with it, the radar log for the day, all sorts of other shit, and then request a copy of of the officer's radar training, his certificate that says he was trained, etc. I can't remember all the stuff you're supposed to request. So basically, you inundate the police with so much shit half the time they don't get back to you by the time your hearing rolls around and then you can almost automatically get the case dismissed, which is what happened in my case. I sent a request by certified mail(make sure it's certified) for all the info and they didn't get back to me in time for my hearing. I told the judge that and he started out by saying he was going to write me a letter to bring to the police station stating that I should be given all the info, but I interjected and said I followed the rules, made the request and never got the info and that this was my second time having to miss work to come down for a hearing. Case dismissed.

If they do send you all the info, you just look for some kind of hole in the officer's training or in the actual radar gun itself, what the weather was like, the traffic, etc. There's so much technical stuff involved and when it comes down to it, you're actually supposed to grill the officer at the hearing. I'm glad I didn't have to do that, it would've been a lot harder.

I can probably email you the E-book if you want. I have to find it. Email me if you want it.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

nice headnugg! thats good info. i had a recent court date for running a red light. i had crossed the intersection while the light was still yellow, and the cop was on the other side of the road dring in the opposite direction and made a u turn to pull me over. i grilled him and got off. i even gave him a mean look as i sat there on the bench waiting for my not guilty papers. that was good day.

about that girl, i actually wouldnt give a shit if her license got suspended. but she dates my friend so i should be nice and try to help her.. or not.

nugg, if you find it: dieseld66@gmail.com
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
francis
From the Gecko

billynuggets@gmail.com i'd like to get my hands on a copy too if that's not a problem.. can come in handy some day. was this a local cop or a state trooper?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

i'd love to check that e-book out too. i got a ticket for going 7 over a while back at 1:30 in the morning on a completely deserted road. adam311@cox.net
headnugg
Invocation

This was a local cop. I'm not sure how they do it where you guys come from, but in Boston it's like this: First I chose to fight the ticket and went to court. Now I didn't actually go to "court", I went to a little room in front of a magistrate where there was a Brookline Police Representative, representing the cop who gave me the ticket. I started asking for all the info Ithe book told me to ask for and was told I should've done that prior to the hearing, so he had no choice but to rule against me. After losing I appealed the case, sent the certified letter to the police station requesting all the info, got a date to actually go to court where the cop would have to show up personally(if he didn't I automatically won, and he showed up like literally 5 minutes before I was called, if I was the first one called that day I would've won, so it pays off to appeal). And as I explained before, I won. It was sweet, especially because I was totally speeding, 60 in a 40, but I was amped up after seeing Brad solo for the first time.

Anyway, I will look for that E-Book and email it to all of you. I may have to bring my computer in for a tuneup first, I'll look into it tonite or tomorow though.
francis
From the Gecko

sent you a reply about that. the file doesn't seem attached to the email.
-francis

H Nugg

so I re sent that and it came back as "blocked" by two of your email addy's. If you guys can figure out how I can email it to you, I'll gladly do it......
francis
From the Gecko

i'm guessing it's because it was a purchased e-book... did one of us receive it or did it block all of us?
-francis