THE SLIP ON GREYS ANATOMY

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bouche
Alsoa

hell, that's some really wild news. I don't watch the show, but it sure is fuckin' popular!

Eisenhower is at #51. That's pretty amazing!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

wowed wrote:I had to see for myself and for those of you itunesless:

36. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynard
37. Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N'Roses
38. Open Arms - Journey
39. Life in Disguise - The Slip
40. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers

Wow... just wow.
"Wow... just wow" was my exact response. that's heavy duty company, those are all epic tunes. so fucking awesome...
chloe
Lion on a Rock

if you then add in the ramifications of the episode Life in Disguise closed being at number 2 for most downloaded tv shows right up there on the opening itunes page.... well....

does anyone else find it as trippy as i do that the sound of the slip is now set to slow motion fade outs and tear-jerker two part conclusions? just wondering...

all things considered, so many people wouldn't have gone and grabbed that if they didn't like what they heard, and many people enjoying good music, who can ask for more?
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

....and to think only a few years ago Brad was smashing T.V.s! I'm happy for them but I do feel like the days of the slip I came to know and love might be over. We shall see what the influence of all this fame and fortune will do. These here are some smart guys and I'm sure they will know how to keep it real throughout this new wild ride they have embarked upon ;} I hope the days of shows without setlists won't be lost forever!!! We shall see. I'm just pleased to have been along this ride so far. AND to be topping lists with old schoolers is pretty damn cool. If having a song on a T.V. show is what you have to do to get the masses to hear you, well then more power to them. I just hope this won't be a continuing trend.
headnugg
Invocation

appleofmyeye wrote:....and to think only a few years ago Brad was smashing T.V.s! I'm happy for them but I do feel like the days of the slip I came to know and love might be over. We shall see what the influence of all this fame and fortune will do. These here are some smart guys and I'm sure they will know how to keep it real throughout this new wild ride they have embarked upon ;} I hope the days of shows without setlists won't be lost forever!!! We shall see. I'm just pleased to have been along this ride so far. AND to be topping lists with old schoolers is pretty damn cool. If having a song on a T.V. show is what you have to do to get the masses to hear you, well then more power to them. I just hope this won't be a continuing trend.
Last GREAT Slip show I went to, Somerville 4/19/03.......

There is no fame or fortune for BAM yet so it won't be possible to see how that influences them, but I have the feeling that if/when it does happen, they will remain unchanged.....

That is some bitchin' company the boys are in on iTunes....
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

that happy snails... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

don't you want the names like Led Zeppelin to be on the same level as The Slip

vice versa

-dig?

Why haven't they been on Conan or Letterman or one of those shows? Most of the time, the bands on those shows are nobodys. The Slip are Somebody!
Go BAM
BeatingHippies
Ambrosia Drunk

I know a girl who is pretty hard into Greys Anatomy. She told me today that the slip was on it.

I had a good chuckle.
-BH

eisenhower is 51 on what chart?

ipod rock albums as of last night

can you give a link to the itunes chart(s)?
headnugg
Invocation

guest wrote:Why haven't they been on Conan or Letterman or one of those shows? Most of the time, the bands on those shows are nobodys. The Slip are Somebody!
Go BAM
I would bet something like that is in the works, maybe a show that gets hip music like Jimmy Kimmel or even the scottish guy.....Conan is a huge guitar fan and I would bet has guitar hero and is from Brookline......No reason at all BAM can't be on a latenite.
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
SamNo.2

Congrats to all involved. Who can turn up some album sales data on IKE? When they've sold 50,000 copies, that will be an event.

At some point soon I'd like to see a real single, like Monthwing Bite. It's wild that popular network sitcoms are now performing the traditional role of the radio single: garnering popular attention to boost record sales; shows you the increasing irrelevance of terrestrial radio. Life in Disguise is a good song, a really good song, but not a legitimate single - though it may just have been made so by default.

There is a narrative precedent from the album, of course: Life in Disguise directly precedes Mothwing Bite.

At any rate, the GA thing is truly a remarkable coup for The Slip. The band's management deserves kudos. Keep up the good work.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I don't think Mothwing Bite would be a very good single at all. It is fun but doesn't really have much meat to it and isn't particularly representative of the Slip these days. Children of December nails it for me. Mothwing could be the B-side if they still have such things. Of course Even Rats is a great single as well but that is already kind of one with iTunes and Guitar Hero and all that....
lumpy
From the Gecko

No meat!

While I agree with most of your take on Mothwing Bite - I fricking LOVE that guitar fuzz brad uses towards the end of the song....Driving down the road I can't help but accelerate and feel like I'm on some fantastic vacation.

There's your meat.