NYE thread

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

re.col.brucegaboni wrote:will we get three sets being in northampton and having an opening band?
i doubt it, but i have no way of saying for sure. its just my impression.

no. i've been to new year's at pearl st twice, and the curfew doesn't change. depending on when apollo finishes, we'd be lucky to get two solid sets. they shut it down pretty early. northampton's a bitch that way.
re.col.brucegaboni

Anonymous wrote:no. i've been to new year's at pearl st twice, and the curfew doesn't change. depending on when apollo finishes, we'd be lucky to get two solid sets. they shut it down pretty early. northampton's a bitch that way.
cant say im suprised, maybe we can get a nice acoustic set at the best western after the show :lol:
francis
From the Gecko

what is the curfew usually?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

re.col.brucegaboni wrote:maybe we can get a nice acoustic set at the best western after the show :lol:
if acoustic set means the sound of breaking glass and the screams of high school girls will echo through the hallways then, yes, there will be an acoustic set...
re.col.brucegaboni

tim wrote:
re.col.brucegaboni wrote:maybe we can get a nice acoustic set at the best western after the show :lol:
if acoustic set means the sound of breaking glass and the screams of high school girls will echo through the hallways then, yes, there will be an acoustic set...
acoustic set officialy confirmed!
Phrazz

Acoustic Set

Yeah, we should all bring guitars and have a big ol' jam session. Then we can put a hat out for donations to pay for the expensive champagne. With all this talk about curfew it's like I'm back in high school. The real party starts _after_ the curfew, so as far as I'm concerned, that just means the late-night party action starts earlier. [ Anyone under 18, sorry. I don't need another one of those on my record. :twisted: ]
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i wont cross dress this time i swear
francis
From the Gecko

so the graffiti pages are saying 2 am curfew. but i emailed this place and they said the show should be over by 1 am. hmmm
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!

i've never been to a show there that went later than 1, including new year's. i really hope this goes longer...i missed last year, i hope this lives up...
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Slip NYE @ Lupos 2002 (I think) went till like 3.. the party was just getting started with the 2nd set at midnight... OTH!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
cur few

looks like 1 AM

Guess that means the late-night party starts early.

This is good news...really!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

just saw this post on a myspace bulletin from apollo sunshine...i wonder what's in store...
apollo sunshine wrote:NEW YEARS EVE!!!
12/31 Northampton, MA @ Pearl St.
Drs 7:30PM / ALL AGES
Apollo Set (8:30 - 9:30)

AFTER PARTY DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE SHOW...

STAY GOLD!

LOVE,
APOLLO SUNSHINE
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Apollo Sunshine is having a throwdown at there crib in Leverett with DJ's and stuff. They live in the oldest house in town (1700's) and have 6 acres. This is not affiliated with The Slip and will probably be thier local friends/fans for the most part.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

well, we're officially in the new year so i suppose it's time to remove the sticky from this damn thing. but before we let this thread fall into oblivion, i want to take a moment to give a shout out to all you fine people on here who helped make this another NYE that i'll never forget...

torrey- not sure if you read these pages, but it was hella cool meeting you. you made for a righteous partner in crime and i can't wait for the next time.

phrazz- let it never be debated that you know how to get down in style. you're a gracious host and you're hospitality is always appreciated.

cleantone- i'm not sure what's more impressive...all you've done for the community or that hair your head. clinton van zandt- you rock.

dan- way to pimp that perma-grin all night long, seeing you having such a good time made me have an even better time.

etahn- always a pleasure kickin' with you, can't wait for the next time. there's a phish quote that's just begging to be thrown out there but i'll just say goodluck with the footwear.

nigel- you crazy ass motherfucker, way to keep it real.

gaboni- nobody else from this place i'd rather take jager shots with at 6 in the morning.

you guys, and everyone else i hung with over the weekend, totally rule. it's rare that someone can run into and interact with so many people in such little time and come away with nothing but positive impressions and memories...i guess if there's any scene where that's possible it's the one we're all in and that's why we keep coming back. thank you all so much for an amazing weekend, i can't wait until the next time