April 12, 2014! Live SLIP

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: April 12, 2014! Live SLIP

Kevin_Kjr wrote:anyone record this show? Would love to hear it.
Cleantone was recording. Also interested to see the pics/vids of the show. I thought it was hilarious when Lara took the tripod off of the stage and started carrying it around...

Also, there was more than a tease of Still D.R.E. in there that I'm not sure if everyone else picked up on. Also The Air, The Body tease during Lucky Dragon.

This was a really fun time and hope we get the chance to do it again sometime.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I hear Cleantone recorded it…

Interesting all of the tunes seem to be of 2002 or earlier vintage!
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

For those that went, what was crowd like? Were there a lot of people? How about the covers? Did they seem to do the Slip justice?

I would love to see them keep doing shows if they got a great response.

I think the one thing that annoyed me about the slip back in the 04-08 period, right around when Eisenhower was set to go out was that their set lists were so repetitive give or take a song or two. I know they were trying to promote the album but for the fans that traveled around the Northeast a lot to see their shows, I got tired of hearing Airplane/Primitive and Even Rats ect every single show.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Kevin_Kjr wrote:I think the one thing that annoyed me about the slip back in the 04-08 period, right around when Eisenhower was set to go out was that their set lists were so repetitive give or take a song or two. I know they were trying to promote the album but for the fans that traveled around the Northeast a lot to see their shows, I got tired of hearing Airplane/Primitive and Even Rats ect every single show.
Yeah they would throw in a Wolof or Fuji but they were heavy on the new stuff. They got a bit better in the few shows they did 09-12 about bringing back some old stuff.
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Cleantone posted the setlist elsewhere, but I wanted to note that somewhere in the set (can't quite remember which song) there was also a "Still D.R.E." tease, too. The other was of "Dem Belly Full", too, although I'll admit I'm not familiar with that tune.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

I know a few videos have been posted, any chance there will be more or a whole recording?
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I think it's fair to say that there is a chance :-)
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePuy0o ... e=youtu.be

driving backwards with you, one of my favorites
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

To break the suspense I'm trying to quickly get my long overdue podcast up. I had a Marco show to launch it with but decided I'd rather let this show out that way than other means. Soon.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Cleantone wrote:To break the suspense I'm trying to quickly get my long overdue podcast up. I had a Marco show to launch it with but decided I'd rather let this show out that way than other means. Soon.
do you have a link to it? I know your probably a busy man but do u know if any future videos of the show or a recording will be released anytime soon?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm just kinda waiting for iTunes to approve my show. Then I'm going to look at other RSS avenues. I thought it would have been done over the weekend. Setting this up has been a learning process. So far I've learned that I really don't like recording myself talking. That much I know. As I've been afraid of, a podcast might be more work that I can spare.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Any chance there will be more of these shows or was this a one time thing?