Slipstream beta design how you like?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Does the "Click to Listen" link work for your OS and Browser?

Yes
25%
No
50%
Loads but no response
25%
Plays in External Player only
No votes

Total votes: 4

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Slipstream beta design how you like?

Hey everyone, by mid to late January the SlipStream will be in full force. As of now the beta site is http://www.isounds.org/playing.php. Somethings are chopy somethings I have to remove. Please tell me how the site lays out on the various browsers and dialup to high speed. Hope you enjoy and be sure to tune in.

New link!!!! if you have windows media version 10(latest update) click this link to stream! http://www.isounds.org/listen.asx

Dan
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JEFFfromNC

Dan.. Looks like you got the problem fixed..I see the java code has the numbers now instaed of 0s....What waz it?
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

just some stuff

The java script was trying to locate songlistID note the ID that was a none existent part of the SAMDB database. So i changed the script to find sonlistid. then in like 6 other pages i had to change it. Also the dedications now work. Took a little bit of effort to change and find it. Its a guessing game with me, i dont know what im looking for alot of the time but i prevailed. And cleantone sorry about the buy stuff, that will change. I had that if they werent live albums then it would register to that album. Hope you enjoy and request away!!!!!!!!!!!
dan
Phrazz

Beta design

I don't do Beta. I do DVD.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

what?

ha.. um im not sure what to say to that. I watch dvd's too! wild
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Dan,

Beta was a video tape format that came out either just before or about the same time as VHS. The quality was better but it never took off. You used to have to choose VHS or BETA when renting or buying videos. Now we watch DVDs. Get it :shock:
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Cleantone wrote:Dan,

Beta was a video tape format that came out either just before or about the same time as VHS. The quality was better but it never took off. You used to have to choose VHS or BETA when renting or buying videos. Now we watch DVDs. Get it :shock:
oh man, you know we're getting old when we have to explain this type of stuff!!! :shock:
JEFFfromNC

LOL I feel you tim....
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

im amazed that i didnt know that, and im a technology geek.

I do have an 8 track player however. Beta was better then VHS odd that it never took off. That would be neat to be renting a Beta instead of a VHS. But we all use dvd's now and no late fees from BLock Buster, cutting back on 30 percent of their revenue.

peace
Phrazz

Beta = vaporware

I was using irony to allude to the fact that I don't check things out until they're ready. I contradict myself because obviously I had to check the site out to see it wasn't ready. Now I'm just running around in circles, but when I say "Please help me!!!" someone nails my other foot to the floor! :)
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

But we all use dvd's now and no late fees from BLock Buster, cutting back on 30 percent of their revenue.
Someone works at Blockbuster... :lol:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Dude, your busted! :twisted:

It is ALWAYS good faith to first ask the person who made the art if using the pic is okay to do. I can equate it to music I record. I may not be the one making the music but making mix, or capturing the event is part of the art... Same goes with pics.

In fact when I first saw your site with that rooftop pic. First thing that came to mind was "I wonder if he got permission to use that"?

I don't think it's a very big deal but you should ask and then note the photographer on there somewhere.
Last edited by Cleantone on Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del
Beantown Rocker

Ouch! Considering this was brought up awhile ago on here (I believe a conversation involving Katie?), this is kind of weird... I'd take the pics down dude...
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i wasnt informed

well i was not contacted by a trusted source. I changed the pics, now hopefully these arent copyrighted. ill have to go back and look at the katie post. oh well that was a little quick abrupt and painful. I would have prefered an email rather then a post right in the open, that was not a very professional way of handling matters.

dan
Del
Beantown Rocker

Agreed Dan, I think it was done in a very Mickey Mouse way... But, at least the matter should be resolved now, good luck.
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova