NYE thread

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

etahn
From the Gecko

Dan wrote:will i be able to get power to the sweet spot?
No, you didn't......

Fereal, though, you might get power out there, but if you want your rig to stay upright amongst the NYE crowd, you'll need to guard it all night. In fact, it'll probably take you and three or four of your friends standing in a circle around it to keep that shit up. It'd be a valiant and worthy effort, though you _would_ be eating up vital dance space. Any chance of hanging mics? or (do I dare say it?) stage mics?
The world really is magic
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Well i dont want to spend this new years focused on gaurding my gear. Id rather just have fun with it all so try and remember the night as best you can .

Anyone going to Lupos?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

will i be able to get power to the sweet spot?
No
will my shit get knocked over?
Yes
Well i dont want to spend this new years focused on gaurding my gear.
Me neither. Welcome to my world. :wink:
Any chance of hanging mics? or (do I dare say it?) stage mics?
I would love for them to set up some mount at the club. Some with cables running over the the front of house area. The ceiling in the ballroom is super high up. I doubt they even have a ladder that big there. Pretty huge. Thats why I normally have the mics off of the right stack at the front of house area. I'm never happy with the sound. For a couple years I've been compromising quality my recordings to make sure to run "room mics" for a circulating version. I'm sort of fed up doing that to some extent. It has bitten me in the ass to many times. Thats why I really wish I could circulate matrixes OR someone would sort of step up and start doing what I have been. Meaning to record every show within a 3-4 hour drive at the drop of a hat. I'm ready to retire of it. As a matter of fact I don't really plan to go to Lupo's. I might end up there but I wouldn't bet on it.
re.col.brucegaboni

the colonel and company will be in attendence and dressed properly for the occasion.

post show shenanigans are more than welcome at the colonels headquarters in the best western right down the road.

floor space is available if anyone needs it.
Phrazz

Taper's woes

If you're worried about your gear, don't bring it. On NYE, people get crazy. I bet there will be some craziness also at Lupo's, being close enough to New Year's so those who didn't buy tix in time (sell out, watch out!) will pretend it's NYE a couple days early. Like Cleantone says, welcome to his world!

Taping is no joke, finding out the "hard way" is an expensive habit (but less likely to get you thrown in jail), unlike Tim's method which can directly involve undercover detectives posing as hippie kids looking for some action! ;-}).

Now being NYE there may be accomodations, but don't bet on it. Seniority takes precedence, as does better gear. So the rookies out there will have to fend for themselves (sorry, it's like that with all careers).

Grovelling for tapes is still a time-honored profession. And you get to learn negotiating skills (this recording will cost you three beers :twisted: ).

-Phrazz
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Phrazz wrote:Taping is no joke, finding out the "hard way" is an expensive habit (but less likely to get you thrown in jail), unlike Tim's method which can directly involve undercover detectives posing as hippie kids looking for some action! ;-}).
please don't insinuate that i've ever been taken down by a guy my father's age wearing a fanny pack and a wal-mart tye dye :P

i'm dumb but not THAT dumb 8)
Phrazz

Undercover Deadheads

Do I ever insinuate? Oh, what a horrible notion!

But I am bringing a roll of duct tape to NoHo. :twisted: And a laser.

-Phrazz

P.S.: Don't crack jokes around big guys with buzz-cuts on airliners who wear Hawaiian shirts! (ouch) And the ones with black suits and sunglasses...don't even look at them funny. They have no sense of humor.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Tim wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy some MARIJUANA? Or possibly some MUSHROOMS?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Pstehley wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy some MARIJUANA? Or possibly some MUSHROOMS?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

now THAT is great! God bless photoshop :lol:
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

tim wrote: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

now THAT is great! God bless photoshop :lol:
actually ms paint... yeah.. i've been really bored at work this week...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

pat, that was fucking great! just when i think i've had enough of your pic posting you completely redeem yourself.
tim wrote:
Phrazz wrote:Taping is no joke, finding out the "hard way" is an expensive habit (but less likely to get you thrown in jail), unlike Tim's method which can directly involve undercover detectives posing as hippie kids looking for some action! ;-}).
please don't insinuate that i've ever been taken down by a guy my father's age wearing a fanny pack and a wal-mart tye dye :P

i'm dumb but not THAT dumb 8)
dude, i met one of these guys last night, and i gave him your name and address. i am NOT kidding. its for your own good.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

we are in the year of the dog!

so who is staying at the Best Western?
re.col.brucegaboni

Best western all the way,

will we get three sets being in northampton and having an opening band?
Phrazz

NYE Plans

Openers are Apollo Sunshine and Amity Front. I would guess two long sets and encore, or three shorter sets and encore. Anyone know the curfew at Pearl St for NYE?
Last edited by Phrazz on Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcRj
Mudslide

Best Western also
I hope you live as long as you like and love as long as you live.