Please, Just Ignore Me

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

JEFFfromNC

Please, Just Ignore Me

Well I have remained silent through the majority of this negative bashing, but though I would throw my 2 cents in, not that anyone really cares. I can’t really comment on the current music BAM is tinkering with because for the first time in about 5/6 years I did not catch a single show this year. To me it’s kind of shock to look back wondering where the year went and often question if I saw them this year. Sure enough I didn’t. Having our first child, buying a house, moving and other such life CHANGING events meant that sacrifices had to be made. No long road trips this year or weekend festivals. They did not do there fall southeast tour this year but I can’t blame them because there were a lot of empty rooms down here. So though I can’t really comment on the current shows, there is one thing that I can say. Listing to these guys for several years I have learned they are able to put on a variety of costumes and play those roles very well. Meaning that you really can not classify the music BAM plays in any genera. They have experimented with a mixture of styles and instruments. They seem to always be evolving. Looking and listing to that resume, I really can not comprehend why folks are just on a bashing streak. It’s OK to not like a song or two or even agree that they had an off night. Not everyone likes the same sounds and being perfect doesn’t happen. There are a couple of songs that make me cringe at times, but I don’t go around screaming about it simply because it doesn’t do anything positive for anyone and I know my negativity would not inspire anything but negativity. I try to listen harder and find something beautiful and special about those songs.
Are we so selfish that when they don’t meet our expectations then we digress to saying they suck and it’s time to move on? If those are your feelings then I am afraid that you really have not listened to The Slip and probably did not really listen from the gecko. Do you pretend to understand the direction they want to take? Do you pretend to think what’s in their best interest? Do you pretend to think that anyone really cares what you think? I don’t because I am just a single member of an abundant audience. It is THEIR creativity and THEIR way to provide that you are bashing on. OK fine so you didn’t like a song or a show, but can you give some constructive criticism, maybe a suggestion, or include something you found positive? What is frustrating and at times funny is how these posts turn in to personal attacks against other posters. If I had the ability I would ban any poster that turned a debate/discussion into a personal attack. There is enough hate in the world, don’t bring it to where I come to escape it! Also please let me remind everyone that we are not all English majors and come from a variety or education levels. If posts are misspelled, not in appropriate paragraphs, or grammar is incorrectly used then look past it and see what they are trying to state. Don’t belittle them because they might no be on the same education level. OK, OK enough useless ranting as I said: Please, just ignore me. Go about your business and have a grateful day! :mrgreen:
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

A++
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Katie
Invocation

I think we've all been feeling the need to vent lately. I know I haven't even been reading a good portion of the posts on graffiti, and it's all still been getting to me to the point that I wrote up a big long piece on my thoughts about the Somerville show, and the discussions that have been going on.... I haven't wanted to post it here though, cause well, I dunno why, I just haven't. I almost feel tempted to now, just because it offers some constructive critism of last weekend's show, and you're right... that's totally part of what's missing amid discussion lately.
AcRj
Mudslide

well put together jeff....I too love their ability to put on different hats....

waiting for that review Katie.....
I hope you live as long as you like and love as long as you live.