Evolving setlists?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Northern Wish
Tenfold

Evolving setlists?

So what does everyone out there think about this upcoming tour and the potential for new songs, variety, or old favorites.

I am concerned with the batch of summer shows (that were admittedly mostly one offs) that this tour may feature some very similar setlists.

Once the boys are back on a real tour, do you think they will start playing different stuff each night- or can we expect the Nugroove setlist every night (ie. Suffocation Keep, Soft Machine, Even Rats, Proud, Children of December)?

Not that there is anything wrong with these awesome tunes, but I would like to see two nights- and travelling down from Canada can be costly and time consuming and I want to make sure I am not in search of something that can't be found.

Bottom line:

If I hit the Northampton and Portland shows, what percentage of the titles do you think will be the same?

Thanks

sean
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

i would think on this tour, since the album isnt out yet, we're going to see 50-75% of the same songs. this is the new slip and thats the direction that they want to go in. im personally not a big fan of the same set list over and over, even though i like the new songs, but i like the old songs too.

we'll see
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I think it will be hit or miss... They will probably have a lot of the new songs, maybe introduce 1 or 2 newer songs and a spotting of older tunes... and you all know that even if they are the same songs, it's in no way, shape, or form the same show...

I'd definately say do what you can... especially the New York shows... I have a strong feeling they are gonna be off the hook.... I am uber jealous of everyone as I will probably have to wait till spring to see them... :cry:
Pat's Avatar wrote:DOOOOOO IT!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Katie
Invocation

I agree, especially in the beginning, I'd expect the bulk of the sets to be similar to what was played this summer. Although I should remind myself that part of what I always loved about this band was their unpredictability... who knows what'll really end up being played.

I'm planning to try and get to a show in the beginning of the tour (hopefully Montreal), my local Burlington show in October, and the Somerville Theatre, cause it's my hometown show (where I grew up.. and hey, co-incidentally on 11/11). These happen to be spaced throughout the tour, with three weeks between them (and other shows in between). So my best sugestion for a bit of variety: pick a few dates here and there rather than all in row. I think it'd be pretty natural for them to find themselves in a different place musically (as well as literally) at different points in the tour.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

there it is 11/11 or 11:11

its always there
Robyn

Good advice all...and dan I know! It's haunting now isn't it?