11:11 and other numerical coincidences...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

11:11 and other numerical coincidences...

ok, so i posted this on my blog but i thought i'd throw it up here as well to see if anyone else is haunted by certain numbers. i'm sure everyone knows how the number 216 has significance to the slip, some of us may have even had crazy 216/slip related synchronicities as well. if you have any stories about any number repeatedly showing up in you life then please tell us your tale. here's what happened to me over the weekend,

crazy fucking number!!!

is anyone else plagued by certain numbers? no matter how hard i try, it always seems like 11:11 is throwing itself in my face. the crazy synchronicity that took place the past two nights has further convinced me that there is more to this than the phenomenon of subconscious prompting. here's what happened,

saturday night, i went up to a local bar with my roomate lauren. we sat at the bar and behind the bar there are three flat screne plasma tv's, all hooked up to seperate digital cable boxes. as we were talking, i looked at my cell phone and noticed that the time was 11:11. i blurted out an expletive and then asked my roomate if she to was "followed" by 11:11. she said she had been so i took this as my prompt to go into a rant about numerology and "hidden messages" the numbers may have(i know, i know, crazy shit). after i got done talking about how the numbers might be trying to show us something i looked at one of the digital cable boxes, the channel was 357. i then looked up at one of the tv's and the time on the football game was 3:57. i shouted out another curse word and showed lauren the box and time and used this coincidence as proof to back up what i had just been talking about.

fast forward to last night...

after being a lazy bum all day long, i was going crazy from boredom and trying to muster up any energy i had to go out and do something. i recieved a call from my best friend chris inviting me out to columbia, i was on the fence about going out though because i didn't feel like driving out of the city. jokingly, i picked up a left over fortune cookie from that night's chinese dinner and said- "you'll tell me what to do". i never expected the cookie to actually respond with the cryptic message of "the night life is for you". this sealed the deal, i HAD to go out now. i was now convinced that there was something to be revealed and only one way to find out.

i got to chris' around 10:00pm and we settled into our usual pre-game rituals. a couple beers, some swigs from a wine bottle, a shot of gran marnier, and some fresh botanicals, all to the tune of some classic stones which was playing on the stereo. no weirdness...yet.

feeling primed and ready to go out, i looked at the clock to see what time it was. surprise, surprise it was 11:11! i cursed yet again, pointed out the clock to chris, explained my dilema and asked if it happened to him as well. his reply- "no, but i used to see 357 all the time".

this was my first time ever talking about the numbers with my friend chris and i didn't mention anything about what had happened 24hrs prior until after he randomly said 357 used to follow him. needless to say we were freaked the fuck out. wtf is going on?
JV
Get Me with Fuji

can i please have that 1 minute and 11.1 seconds of my life back please?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

JV wrote:can i please have that 1 minute and 11.1 seconds of my life back please?
let me check...

no
ScS
From the Gecko

ill give you $11.11 if you start work on a time machine, jv.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
JayM

Time

A lot of what I've experienced is I guess what tim is calling "subconscious prompting," but I've had a connection to certain numbers and times for a long time, including 1:11, 11:11, 8:32, 1:17, and the number 32.

The number 32 and 8:32 comes from my friend Dan from high school who used to point out how the number 32 would seem to show up everywhere, even backwards as 23. 8:32 had a particular significance for him, and it did for a while for me too. Good things seemed to happen at or around that time, but not if you actually saw the clock turn from 32 to 33.

But I liked 1:11 and 11:11 better. Nothing seemed to ever happen at that particular time, but I always felt good when I noticed that was the time.

Finally, once in Ann Arbor, three friends and I had been wandering around outside, sitting in parks and just chilling out in different areas. Then we all decided to try to guess what time it was. My friend Matt guessed 1:17 and that's exactly what time it was -- on his watch, and he was the only one with a watch. So that time and the number 117 took on a special significance from that point on.

Big deal, right?

JM :arrow:
tote not signed in

fREAKY!

I just got my tax return back, and it was freaky enough to posses me to scour the sliplive archives in search of this thread. I know, what a nerd.

So last year I worked mostly in Mass, some in Rhode Island, and in general not enough, but that's not the point here. This is about mystical numbers popping up all over the place and shit Right? right.

So I got a federal and two state tax returns. I'll make this short and sweet:

Federal: $466
Mass state: $200
RI state: $16

Now if you add the MA and RI Returns together, you get 216. If you add the Mass and the FED, it's 666. And when you multiply 6x6x6, you get 216. :shock:

I swear to god. I'm a little scared (what are them odds?), but more than that I think I'm just happy to be getting some money :wink:
torph
Alsoa

216: honestly tote, it's like the ace of spades- it always turns up.
francis
From the Gecko

Re: fREAKY!

tote not signed in wrote:I just got my tax return back, and it was freaky enough to posses me to scour the sliplive archives in search of this thread. I know, what a nerd.

So last year I worked mostly in Mass, some in Rhode Island, and in general not enough, but that's not the point here. This is about mystical numbers popping up all over the place and shit Right? right.

So I got a federal and two state tax returns. I'll make this short and sweet:

Federal: $466
Mass state: $200
RI state: $16

Now if you add the MA and RI Returns together, you get 216. If you add the Mass and the FED, it's 666. And when you multiply 6x6x6, you get 216. :shock:

I swear to god. I'm a little scared (what are them odds?), but more than that I think I'm just happy to be getting some money :wink:
i learned about this in my prob and stat course. it actually occurs a lot more than you would ever expect... if i had my book with me i would inform you more.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
Carl Crawford
Yaki Soba

time temperature corelation

when the temperature and the time are the same is when i get scared. in the shower at 5:46 and the digital thermometer say 54.6. i think its the only time that time travel is possible.
tyler
From the Gecko

Re: 11:11 and other numerical coincidences...

tim wrote:i'm sure everyone knows how the number 216 has significance to the slip,
i don't! i know its the name of their label, but that's about it. what's its significance?
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

look at the new years show, i believe 1998 or 97. it is the 216 district of somewhere, seems like thats how and where they were
chloe
Lion on a Rock

;)

oh i could get started but i won't...

just to say...

brakes went out, oh car why don't you love me like i love you...

surfing the web...

come aross tim's posting...

phone rings...

call from the mechanic...

"it only cost 216 $ to fix" he says...
Phrazz

magic numbers

we already know that's 6 cubed.

"Planet of Gorktie Forktoe" (reason for this was stealth gig, cops shut it down, big stink in JP eventually leading to the demise of Bad Girrls Studio...shucks).

I think the first ever Soulive gig was there. First ever Well gig was basement of Haskell. First ever Slip you got me and I also have no clue about Miracle Orchestra or Schleigho, but these should be in the history books somewhere.

-Phrazz

P.S.: Good luck with your brakes, Chloe. But just think it's cheaper than a crash. [yeah, big help I know... ;-}]