Finally, refreshment for my ears

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

RKBliMelon
Yaki Soba

Finally, refreshment for my ears

Finally I find something worth listening to in the local BTV music scene (besides, of course, The Hens)

SWALE!!!

You have to check out this band. Very nice.

http://www.myspace.com/swale

They are playing tonight at the 1/2 Lounge...coincidentally my favorite lounge.

Rebecca

PS...also VERY psyched for the strings in the new album. Classical is roots.
It's tattooed on my butt.
Life is a state of mind. (Have you seen "Being There?" You've got to. What a statement. And Oteil Burbridge plays a little punk on the street corner.)
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

love that slowcore vibe. thanks for the link. very reminiscent of the band Low, to my ears...
RKBliMelon
Yaki Soba

I never got to the 1/2 Lounge last night, but did stop dead in my tracks on the walk by (everyone wanted to go see some Dead cover band...poo).

And later that night I ran into the band in an alleyway. And if you know anything about me (which you probably don't), I love to blather at bands that interest me. So I told them they were great and they were psyched on that.

I feel every up-and-coming band needs that one good fan to keep them going.

The weather is Divine I must get outside before I die.

Rebecca
It's tattooed on my butt.
Life is a state of mind. (Have you seen "Being There?" You've got to. What a statement. And Oteil Burbridge plays a little punk on the street corner.)
Katie
Invocation

Woah, I totally forgot there was still someone from these boards around here! :lol: (Pablo and Fred your pleasant presence is missed. :cry: )

But alas, no speakers at work. (I really must get a headphone extention chord. ) I'll have to swing by their outdoor show at Red Sqaure next month and give a listen. I'm getting so sick of seeing like the same 4 bands (especially the Dead and Zepplin covers) on the schedules of local venues. Arggg. I can't wait for the shows to pick up once all the students are back in town!

Hey if you're thinking of going to Nugroove, let me know, I might have a vehicle headed that way from Burlington with room to share...
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Fred your pleasant presence is missed
ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!

Fred is MIA right now. If anyone talk to him tell him to contact me ASAP.