7/23/05, the slip will be performing in East Greenwich, RI

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Um... Yeah most bands have that. You should see some of the bigger bands demands...
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Please don't submit The Slip's rider to smoking gun.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

wtf is cinnamon beer

i like that list, needs a couple of things like chips for the salsa, jam and bread for the pb.

heres my list of demands:

play some more shows and release some material.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

i wasn't suggesting submitting the slip's rider to smoking gun...i doubt it's nearly interesting enough. nevertheless, the smoking gun definitely puts their demands in perspective. they're not asking for much...

Not that cool

Double whammy:

1. post the amount the Slip is being paid for your gig;
2. post what the Slip has requested for backstage items.

Seems like you didnt mean any harm, but maybe if you thought about it, you wouldn't have just announced things that the Slip may not want to be in the public domain.

Oh well . . .
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

since i cant send a PM to guest, if you have any authority with the slip camp and feel like these posts are out of line and should remain private, contact the admin or any of the mods and it will be removed. otherwise, IMO, i dont think their rider or what they cost is too big a deal, it nots like its personal info.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
etahn
From the Gecko

I had the great good fortune of talking to the 'promoter' of the 5/3/02 show in Harrisburg. It was the student government, they hired the boys for an end-of-year bash.

We were talking about food and riders and finaly he say, "What the hell is baba gannouj?!?!? I went to three different places, and nobody had ever even heard of it!"

::insert redneck central PA joke here::

As far as posting the inner workings of the Slip, I have no authority with them, but I do think it's bad form. I don't know how they feel about it, but it's worth noting that they don't have fees or riders posted at theslip.com.

BTW, "Lover's Spit" is a great tune.
The world really is magic
harryminorhood
Mudslide

wow sorry, i didnt realize my posts were considered a breach of ettiquette

-moderators do what u want with them
gabe
Lion on a Rock

ANUS
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Etahn,

Lover's Spit is an amazingly awsome tune!

I wasnt following these posts that well but when you mentioned that it made a happy post. BSS!~

dan
tim
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:I had the great good fortune of talking to the 'promoter' of the 5/3/02 show in Harrisburg. It was the student government, they hired the boys for an end-of-year bash.
such a FUN show. nothing like sitting around bored as hell on a thursday evening then getting online and seeing that your favorite band decided to announce a stealth gig to take place in less than 24hrs and only an hour and a half from home. look out for the foam balls!!! i have got some great pics from that show that you'll have to see sometime. remember the days when you actually had to change rolls of film and take your pictures somewhere to get developed?!?!? i'll always remember brad walking off stage and going right up to this tiny yorkie dog that had been running around all day. oh yeah, and the bathroom graffiti that read "the air is getting slippery"...it sure was...
etahn
From the Gecko

Harrisburg

I didn't realize anybody else was there. Except the locals, that is. It was a little further than 1.5 for me. Love to see those pics. I remember Rudnicki dancing in front of the stage. What an amazing guy.
The world really is magic

This is very, very cool! The Slip playing down the road from where I work! I'm stoked about the festival too, but is there any info on what time they're playing?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I just realized that when they updated thier tourdates on the site this was not included which leads me to think it was not meant to be advertized. I'm only speculating. So far they haven't mentioned it to me so I for one am happy to have advance knowledge anyway. I should be there. It's less than 2 hours from me accourding to yahoo maps so I have no excuse not to go. Any other good bands? Was thier I a set time posted?