New Album...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

JV
Get Me with Fuji

New Album...

New Album Update
On March 11th, after a brief hibernation, a trip to the Temple of the Demons of Venus, and some foreplay at the home studio, we began to record our latest collection of songs. With engineer and co-producer Matthew Ellard (Billy Bragg and Wilco, Elliot Smith, Morphine) at the helm, we ceaslessly spent 25 days and nights slaying windmills and capturing sounds. Some tracks you may have heard, while others were new at the onset of the session. The first week was tracked in Cambridge, MA at Q-Division Studio, and the remainder was recorded in an old paper mill with a vintage Neumann microphone, a trash can, xylophone, guitars, banjo, basses and plenty of thunder. We're now letting all the notes settle and it will be mixed and mastered this summer. More updates coming soon.....

'the remainder was recorded in an old paper mill with a vintage Neumann microphone, a trash can, xylophone, guitars, banjo, basses and plenty of thunder'

This is really interesting! Can't wait to hear the new record! I hope to find great studio versions of Chasing Rabbits & Fear of Falling! These are already 'old songs' for the Slip... They are so creative, they'll have to put out a box set!! Which songs do you hope will be on the record?

Take care! :)
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

well... it was my understanding that what the new album is gonna be is alot like the slip comp that we put out... now... given, their will probably be a couple of new songs on there (their usually are) but it'll probably revolve around a lot of the new sound... ya know... I'm stoked!

now if we can just get NYE released... I just want to hear what I missed.... any word on this clinton?? just out of curiousity...??
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Not any good word. There should be online releases coming soon and NYE will not be the first one. I only mentioned the plans with it here to let people know what was going on. I thought we'd have it out by March or so at that time. One issue is the amount of tunes that are on both that recording and the new record. I have not ETA.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

it's all good.. don't sweat it.. I'm really not forcing the issue.. I understand that people have more important things to do.. ya know.. like work on a new album and stuff...

oh... side bar.. I can get a Kaki king audio clip for my ringtone on our new phone.. isn't that neat!
8)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The Duo has some ringtones too. Wierd.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

I'll have to look for those... we just got a new phone.. so I was looking at ringtones, via "get it now"... I'll have to look for the duo....
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

its very exciting to hear that they picked up a producer who has worked with a veriety of artists, especially some in the 'gangsta' rap circles. :P

i'm really looking forward to the album and hopefully a re engerized and focused BAM.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
casey
Alsoa

Cleantone wrote:There should be online releases coming soon and NYE will not be the first one.
please let one of them be buttonwood. I need to relive that show and would glady throw some cash for it.
sm
Beantown Rocker

the remainder was recorded in an old paper mill with a vintage Neumann microphone, a trash can, xylophone, guitars, banjo, basses and plenty of thunder'
awesome!!

it's that kinda thing that makes me wish for a song like The Shouters... creepy and Waits-esque... cant wait for this record!