this shit better be on pay per view

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

this shit better be on pay per view

macfly
Get Me with Fuji

WHAT?!?! i never, ever, in a billion years, thought another Pink Floyd show would happen with Waters.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

jesus fucking christ.. it happened. i've always said that i was willing to pay a lot of money to see this 4some get back together. god, i wish they do a tour. :shock:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

sid......
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

as much as a modern miracle that this is.. I don't think it will result in a tour.. altough you never know.. maybe waters will tolerate the rest a little more and maybe Richard Wright will be a full blown member again... (While touring with the wall and other albums afterwards, wright was being payed as a tour musician, not an actual member, because he had a horrible drug problem... )

Waters broadway version of the wall is coming out this fall and I know that he has a bunch of new music and is working on putting out a new album... but we'll see... but... I'm with tim... they better put it on pay per view....

10-1 they come out and do the entire darkside.... I really wouldn't put it past them...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

[quote="Pstehley"]as much as a modern miracle that this is.. I don't think it will result in a tour.. altough you never know.. maybe waters will tolerate the rest a little more and maybe Richard Wright will be a full blown member again... (While touring with the wall and other albums afterwards, wright was being payed as a tour musician, not an actual member, because he had a horrible drug problem... )

10-1 they come out and do the entire darkside.... I really wouldn't put it past them...[/quote

close, wright wasnt a full member on the ..thunder tour, but was on board for the division bell and the pulse tour. he even wrote music and sang for the division bell.

entire darkside, doubtfull. im guessing a greatest hits kind of set. they're probably rusty and are probably only going to get at most an hour. i dont know, im just speculating.

shine on...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Katie
Invocation

Holy crap... I'm in disbelief. I saw Roger Waters at Great Woods years ago and it still stands out in my mind as a great concert experience... they opened with the first 6 or so songs from The Wall (first side of the first record if you break it up that way). I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that as Floyd. With the demand for this, I'd be surprised if they didn't release a DVD or something.
Tara
Alsoa

I've been so hopefully about this leading to a reunion tour. I saw Roger Waters a few years back. It was awesome some dude let me sit next to him in the second row and there were all these televisions on the stage playing "Planet of the Apes".

Oooo I love Pink Floyd
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Reunion tour is indeed in the works...

A "friend of a friend" told me "someone they know" had super tight private meetings in europe about running the light rig. I only hope I can catch a bunch or a couple of them. I saw them 11 years ago sans Roger and it was the best show I have EVER seen! I have seen well over 1000 concerts. This info has been known by me for a couple months. Them playing Live 8 pretty much confirms it for me.

Cannot wait!!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

oh my god... all i have ever wished for was seeing a crazy show (a la pulse dvd) with these 4 back together. to hear echoes, anything off animals, run like hell... shit, it doesnt matter.

syd where are you...
:twisted:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

syd where are you...
Right here:
He gave up music a long long time ago...
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

damn drugs
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Cleantone wrote:A "friend of a friend" told me "someone they know" had super tight private meetings in europe about running the light rig.
damn, if i'm connecting the dots and playing 6 degrees of separation right then it looks like we're in for the best.light.show.ever!
Tara
Alsoa

Oooo wouldn't be fucking rad if it was Kuroda? Is there anyone better than him? Or do I just think he's the greatest because i'm one of those phish kids? :roll:
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Or do I just think he's the greatest because i'm one of those phish kids?
:cough cough:

You have never seen Pink Floyd have you? The light/lazer show is likely to be the BEST one ever put on anywhere. Kuroda will be in the audience on acid!

It will be the most high tech light show ever I'm sure. In 1994 they were drawing shit on the clouds in the sky. I was stone sober.