Phrazz, please dont hate me but...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Phrazz, please dont hate me but...

http://www.isounds.org/theslipstream.jpg

its in the works, but it would be really cool to have that on the back of a flyer.

peace
Phrazz

SlipStream flyer

Hey Dan,

Hmmm...did I ever give you the impression I was bothered by your numerous SlipStream posts? ;-} Sorry about that. You're learning some skills, and I appreciate your increased level of control with these things. I know your busting out of the seams to spread the Slip word, and that is a noble cause. Your learning tact and this goes a long way.

Now as for the flyers and such, maybe you should send emails to BAM? They don't visit here too much (it seems) and I know they're busy now with the new CD but perhaps they can put a plug for you in a more official way. Even just a link...I always felt the flyers should have links to all the Slip-related sites as well as enviro. orgs and other tasty tidbits. We started a link thread here and maybe someone should resurface that and submit these for publication with one-liners describing their purpose or goal (like: "SlipStream: 24x7 Slip music for avid fans and listeners" or something to that effect).

I like the font and graphics...very clean design. Keep up the good work...but also you should suggest elsewhere for flyers as I have no role in their publication (I can try to put in a good word, but I think flyers should promote the band the most, side projects might get one-liners, which is fine if you have a good site design).

Link on,

Phrazz
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

hmmm, one site that should be on www.thelsip.com is really www.yoursite.com/slipbase

now whats up witht that
Phrazz

Wrong link

That's a link to a link...real site is phrazz.com/slipbase.

Anyhow, BAM web whackers are not as savvy as we are. We are a light year or two ahead of the game. I don't really care anymore as trying to make things happen elsewhere are too much work (which is part of the reason we slapped together this maelstrom).

No, what's up with this?

http://www.thestonebear.com/bands.php

:-) [Don't worry, I'll get a "photo by" credit or else... ]

So, Dan, you're not the only one who forgets photo credits. This is more the norm than the exception. Same with giving credit in general. Not BAM is in full control of their own media presense. Others may have different ideas about who's important (but we "in the know" really see what's going on from both sides of the coin). Sometimes it's just laziness (but other times it's intentional). I can usually smell the difference.

This is why I'm such a bitch when a taper kicks down a show to not just thank them profusely, but BUY THEM A BEER! That is the least we can do!

Now when you're old enough, I'll buy you a beer. ;-}

-Peace,

Phrazz

P.S.: There are definitely codes of ethics on the web, and musicians don't have as much time to surf as we do, nor do they necessarily realize that it bothers people who help to not get credit. I'll try to bring this up sometime and see if it has any effect.
JV
Get Me with Fuji

Re: Wrong link

Phrazz wrote: So, Dan, you're not the only one who forgets photo credits.
ahem...photo on slip stream's front page...ahem...ahem...