The Stone Bear

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Big Bob
From the Gecko

The Stone Bear

this was posted on graffiti this morning

Greetings everyone!

It is with great pleasure that we can officially announce this year's incarnation of what promises to be another very special experience on the Farm in NE CT, August 6th and 7th. We are proud to announce that the Benevento/Russo Duo will be our headlining artists!! This is very special for us as it continues the legacy of returning musicians who have graced us over the years with their presence- Marco has been a big part of some of our past events and we are honored to have him coming back, and can't wait to add Joe to the fold! The Ice Cream Truck has been parked in the garage and we have chosen The Stone Bear as our new name. More artists will be announced shortly- rest assured you will be psyched, so save the date and let your friends know. We're sticking with the same format- small event, intimate vibe, good people, awesome food and world-class music, so those of you who came last year, please let some folks know why they should join us this year. Many thanks and we can't wait to see you all again, The Management
www.thestonebear.com
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

There is some kick ass news! I only hope it is not a date I have other obligations for. I'm looking forward to this for sure!!!
Big Bob
From the Gecko

Cleantone wrote:I only hope it is not a date I have other obligations for.
Oh man..Last year my cousin decided to get married on the same day as the Ice Cream Truck. I believe that The Stone Bear is scheduled during the last few days of a summer camp that I work at. Hopefully I can get them off if I ask in advance.

I do plan on attending Gathering of the Vibes on aug 12/13/14 as it seems to work out perfectly for me. But going to both would be pretty friggin' sweet
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

can anyone say camp sliplive?? That way I can totally bust tim for going solo and not sharing a tent.... :wink:

wonder who else is gonna play... it'd be awesome if the slip played... but I'm not gonna bank on it....

a small fest like this might be perfect for this summer, we were planning on all good... but if we move, that'll be difficult... but this should be cool.. really cool venue too...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

for $50, there better be other bands, like the slip.

i just got my all good tickets. that line up is fucking sick. the lips, claypool, duo, lake trout, brothers past, UM... this WILL be the festival of the summer.. fuck bonnapoo
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
JV
Get Me with Fuji

im there. (and the slip will be too :D )
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

like I said.. I want to go to all good... but we don't want to buy tickets yet.. cause if I get this job, it's a big move.... but $50 I think we can handle.. plus it will be really small... especially if as many people as last year show up.. I'm just gonna wait till the slip get announced though...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
gabe
Lion on a Rock

/confused
is das slïpp playing or not?
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

it's early yet.. go to their website... so far, the only one confirmed are the duo and their headlining
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Chris
Mudslide

unless some kickass bands join the stone bear lineup, im think nugroove festival looks pretty solid and the 2 overlap. at nugroove you could still catch a set of duo befor they head to CT. also at nugroove is soulive, addison groove project, oshe, raq, the breakfast, u-melt, kaki king, and a few others. theyre still deciding on the headliner too.