new album (of course)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

josh
Tenfold

new album (of course)

am i the only one whos getting a little suspicious about this new album? why hasnt buttonwood been released if it isnt going to be the new album? what about NYE? those shows were both ..err..showed 7 months ago and 5 months ago, respectively. even narrows 11-29-03 was released sooner. suggestions?

:? :?: :cry: :roll:
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Maybe they will all come out at the same time overwhelming us with slip and knocking us flat on our asses....

just a thought

tea time
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

They are planning the release around the migratory path of the european laden swallow....
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Buttonwood is not going to be released offcially anymore. NYE will be but the studio album is taking up all the focus right now. There is one crucial step being taken that is obviously stalling a little. Sorry for the wait.
Curious

Cleantone -- are you producing/engineering the new album?

M
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

No I am not. I'm not sure I would want that responsability either. I did for the NYE recording but this studio record is a much much bigger project for sure.
josh
Tenfold

sorry if i seemed a little harsh cleantone, i wasn't...i guess im just frustrated because the boys were on such a tear and then SMMD kinda cut them short. I hear they are still on fire during the show and then nathan ruins it. It's like they were afraid of getting too good or something....
T-man
Cumulus

Did you listen to any of those show, or are you basing your opinion on what you heard from someone else. SMMD is the shit.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

josh wrote:I hear they are still on fire during the show and then nathan ruins it. It's like they were afraid of getting too good or something....
hmm..

nathan ruined something?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

yeah, I pretty much hate this whole thread right now.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

This thread needs more jazz hands!

ok.. anyway... now that I've brightened the mood... I love the stuff with Nathan, and if you don't think that Nathan adds a positive improvement in the slip, you've gotta be smoking something.. Sure, they're not playing all the old stuff.. yeah.. it kinda sucks (old boring fucking arguement, get over it) but what you have to realize, is that after a while, it's not all that much fun to play the old stuff.. it get's boring... while playing new stuff is really really exciting..

honestly, with so many bands, if you're not happy with the slip, that's fine, more for me... but don't bash them trying new stuff, cause then soon enough you'll be like.. this is all the old stuff... when is there gonna be new stuff....

anyway... you can't please all the people all of the time....

Jazz Hands!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

beat me
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

josh wrote:sorry if i seemed a little harsh cleantone, i wasn't...i guess im just frustrated because the boys were on such a tear and then SMMD kinda cut them short. I hear they are still on fire during the show and then nathan ruins it. It's like they were afraid of getting too good or something....
dont let these holier than thou super fans belittle your feelings about the current state of the slip. everyone and their grandmother is a little frustrated. i, for one, have almost completely lost interest in this band. im sorry to say this, but i dont think theyre treating their fans fairly. dont start throwing rotten fruit at me for saying that either. yes, they have been really cool to us in the past with non stop touring, allowing taping, playing mind blowing shows, and releasing great projects. but most of that is in the past. the only updates we get is from a demi-god taper and he feels bad about droping clues here and there b/c it should the bands job/management. i for one appreciate what c.t. does for us, without him, it would be the blind leading the blind.

back to the topic, when is the album / NYE / anything comming out? i for one simply dont care anymore. the slip isnt the only good band out there, and those are ones who are getting my money and attention right now. the slip is missing out, sad but true.

can anyone say schliegho-itis
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
T-man
Cumulus

Regardless so the current sound of the Slip, SMMD is incredible. IMO these are two separate things and should be treated as such. Thats where I was coming from.