Radiohead News

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Anonymous wrote: indie is sweet, emo is beat.
yeah you are a freshman. :P labels are lame dude, theres bands that fall under all umberalls that are shit or great, just depends on the band.

anyway, i want to hear some radiohead concert stories, experiences, what to expect, setlists, how they make that 'sound', etc. i've never been but i WILL be there when they tour next.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
JV
Get Me with Fuji

dont knock pablo honey!!
Big Bob
From the Gecko

"i donno why i feel so tongue-tied, i donno why i feel so skinned aliiiiiive"

i believe that is from the b-side called Cuttooth

radiohead concert stories?

my first Radiohead show was when i was visiting my sister in NYC. I believe it was the summer of...01? 02? i dont even remember anymore

but there was a Radiohead show across the way at Liberty State Park in NJ. my sister worked at the Manhatten Yacht Club and we took a boat across the Hudson and anchored right off to the side of the show. (Liberty State Park is a little peninsula) There wasn't much of a view of the stage, but the sound traveled well and it was pretty sweet. Just laying on the boat staring at the stars listening to Radiohead.

songs i remember particularly well:

pyramid song
true love waits
karma police
paranoid android
like spinning plates

and i remember this next one completely blowing me away:

packt like sardines

i had really liked Radiohead previous to this concert, but that is when i went into my Radiohead 'phase' so to speak

i also once blew a shitload of money (way too much) on tickets for back to back radiohead shows at the madison square garden because i drank myself unconscious by the end of the show at the Tweeter Center

something i don't plan on ever doing again
JV
Get Me with Fuji

^^^^^ i was at that show
maura
Mudslide

here's one for low traffic

i've never seen radiohead but i just wanted to pipe in about the pink floyd thingy. I never heard anyone say that before i did, but i think it's just one of those things music fans notice or make up and then later on read the same sentiment in relix or something... . The only reason it ever came out of my mouth was because they're from England ( i think ) and are making music like nothing (yet combining everything) before kind of like Pink FLoyd did back when they were putting out new albums. I don't really look for anything the bands have in common music or songwise, rather just the way the music hits us at this point in time i think is an effect they both have produced. Like as you go through time there are bugs hitting your windshield and there's a lot of clear splats, and some yellow and brown ones and some fragments here and there. And you're not really thinking about it too much until there's some tiny shape in your subconcious and then BLAMMO there's a big blue or neon bug slammed into the glass and you're taken aback and sent off considering multi-colored guts and stuff and how such things would come to be. Kind of like that.
I bought a PF album one time (Atom Heart MOther i think) and the recovered junkie working at the cd shop muttered "this is music you listen to with headphones while you trip out for hours... ." So i think Radiohead's good like that, too. Except it is also great for dancing.
Where do you think the comparison comes from?
I like Pablo Honey, too. I don't listen to it anymore (bought it on tape). Anyone can play guitar. A friend of mine had the "creep" single and the b-side was some cool song with a chorus that sounded like "i can't stick the needle in, can't stick the needle in." Anyone ever hear that?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

concert download here ----> http://www.glidemagazine.com/downloads.php
Big Bob
From the Gecko

http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/archive/001742.php

a couple new (well, maybe one of them is old) songs

really bad quality, but maybe someone is interested