THE APTOS PROJECT

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Do you like this name for a Seeding Project?

yeah...
85%
no.. I have a suggestion though...
15%

Total votes: 13

Del
Beantown Rocker

Yay!
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
ScS
From the Gecko

Pstehley wrote:Yah
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb

Should we generate some sort of sign up area for shows to seed, to keep people from duplicating work? And I do not have a source for many of my older shows, and many people do not like to pull down shows without a source. I am just thinking some organization would help get this thing going and definitely help the music get to new Slip fans. What do you all think?

Jeff
T-man
Cumulus

That was me, It seems I have to sign in twice sometimes.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

And I do not have a source for many of my older shows, and many people do not like to pull down shows without a source.
Some of those can be found out. I know alot of stuff on OZ doesn't have source info but that doesn't mean it's not out there. Make a post and between me and others maybe we know the source.
ScS
From the Gecko

http://db.etree.org/shnlist.php?artist=91&year=2004

if you have any source info, you can send it to either myself or brent wallace. check out that page and if you have updates, additions, subtractions, etc, let me know.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
guester the molester

don't believe a word I say

That was me, It seems I have to sign in twice sometimes.
Some have to post twice sometimes.

*grin*
T-man
Cumulus

Another thought, I am suck behind a firewall, it should be worth throwing a torrent up as long as another seed or two make it out before I bail, correct? Any thoughts?
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I agree...

like my torrent speed when I seed is only like 14-17 kB... so depending the size of the show, it may take a day.. for instance.. the 3-23-01 show I just seeded... it took like all day yesterday to get it to some people.. (close to the end, I had like 20 leeches) but then when the show was finally done.. it started cooking..

maybe on some of these, we should have a coordinated effort? Suggest a show... then make sure someone will back you up.. ya know... then goooooo! That way we can cruise some stuff out there quickly... plus we need to make sure that the torrents are up for a couple days and advertise them else where... like clinton putting a post on phishhook... I'm sure that helped greatly...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver