THE APTOS PROJECT

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Do you like this name for a Seeding Project?

yeah...
85%
no.. I have a suggestion though...
15%

Total votes: 13

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

THE APTOS PROJECT

What does everyone think?? I know some people don't torrent.. but it's a reflection on our community.. if we like it.. we'll go with it.. and I'm sure a bunch of us will start torrenting our little hearts out to get the community up and moving and really support the band...

After all the discussion of where the band is going and the new album... it's time to get off our duffs and do something... instead of just letting it up to the few selected people...

(sorry.. when I get involved in stuff.. I get really gung-ho and put my head down and power forward...)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
casey
Alsoa

SlipSeeds
Del
Beantown Rocker

The Aptos Project is ok... No one outside of the Slip community will get it though... It sounds classy, but I would incorporate something to do with December's Children, since it's probably the most well known Slip song by the masses... Either way, I'm super happy someone has decided to get some sort of organized effort into getting some Slip out there... Well done...
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

An organized effort. That is what i have been trying to do for 3 months now. How about handing out the SlipStream.

I love these ideas and will support them too, but you can also make an effort and when slipstream is official and right now when its not, still send it to everyone. Most people have fast internet now adays, so send it to everyone and anyone. College people send it to roomates who send it to their friends. Like a chain mail.

LInks spread fast, clicking is second nature to people, and music is heavenly.

Get the Comp together, get the seeding together and i will stream it all.

Peace
Dan
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Dan... I love ya kid but...

say it with me... goooose fraaaa-bahhhh.. ok.. feel better...
carry on...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i try so hard sniff

humor is great.

But i will burn these comps and seed when i can.

You guys are lame for downing Dan so much, I believe that he has tried harder to get the slips music "out there" then any. Maybe he is a little foward about his site, but isn't he trying to do extactly what you are speaking of.

I sent Dan 40+ CD's of music for him to add to slipstream we he started. Why is his effort not appreciated?

He is correct, isn't he? A link to instant live music is just that........no download.......WTF.
T-man
Cumulus

Sorry that was me
Del
Beantown Rocker

No one is discounting what Dan does. I know I'm a big fan of the slipstream... But you can't take the slipstream in a car with you, or pass out the slipstream to people at a festival... CDs kick ass, and I think it's long overdue that people ar putting together something like this compilation... Especially when torrents are quickly becoming the main way of people getting their hands on music.
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
tim
The Weight of Solomon

nobody is ragging on what dan does, i would hope and think that we all respect and appreciate it. i know i advertise it on my myspace.com account and ScS does on his tribe page as well.

that said...i think if dan believes there is an issue of not being supported then he should address it outright and not in some passive-aggressive way on a thread where people are discussing other avenues in which to spread the slip's music.

my 4 dollars and 20 cents.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Tim.. wheres your new avitar??? 8)

Anyway... Before this becomes a rant to defend Dan (which we already know the situation is cool...) By the look of the vote count... The Aptos Project is what we'll go with... so far...

I don't think it matters that people won't know what it is, right away.. they'll see that thier slip shows.. and after a while.. I'm sure they'll get some shows with aptos.. then they should probably get it.. ya know...

incidently... tim.. don't you owe me two fiddy?
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I like Slipseeds so far. :shock:
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

OK.. soooo

So far we have 7 for Aptos Project...

2 For slipseeds (one of which is clinton.. and his vote should probably count for 2-3)

and one vote for something maybe referencing Decembers children....

we'll give it till tomorrow... the way it's looking.. (by majority vote) it'll be The Aptos Project.... maybe we can meet a high ground... something like..

Slipseeds: The Aptos Project

Is that too much? Let me know what everyone thinks.. sorry to be pushing this... just trying to get a resolution...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
ScS
From the Gecko

i think we should keep it as Aptos Project. even though newbies won't know what it is, as they keep listening to the Slip more and more, they'll grow to understand where the title of the project came from. plus it gives them incentive to want to know.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Slipseeds: The Aptos Project
I kinda like that one. :wink:
Last edited by Cleantone on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.