Is there any news on The Slip?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

JerBearX
Poor Boy

Is there any news on The Slip?

This band means so much to me, and I discovered them in a pivotal period of my life.

The Barr Brothers have seen a lot of success as a group, and it it a fantastic thing for all of them. It leaves a couple questions in my head as to the status of The Slip, however. I am aware that they recently performed at HSMF, but where is the band as of today? Last I heard, they were working on a new album. Wikipedia says "tba". Are they on a temporary hiatus? Will they ever release/tour again? Is there anywhere I can buy merch from them anymore?

Thanks guys!
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Re: Is there any news on The Slip?

You are asking a lot of questions that many of us have. As far as i know Marc is on the opposite coast of the U.S. still, so getting together to record or make music seems pretty tough. I cant imagine the Barr Brothers are doing anything with the Slip right now as they are about to release their 3rd Barr Bros album next month and going to be doing an extensive tour. I think with 10+ years from the last record its safe to say that the slip is in no rush to get back together or will they ever in the future but that remains to be seen. I would love to see a random show in the future with Marc but who knows....
mwred
Lion on a Rock

Marc is active on the Boston scene these days, and touring with Ryan Montbleu. Looks like BBs are ramping up again big time, so it seems less and less likely that a Slip reunion will happen again any time soon.
http://www.mandorlamusic.net - presenting live jazz & other creative music in intimate Boston area spaces
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Yes Marc is back on the East Coast. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Slip reunion any time soon, High Sierra might have them back at some point. Who knows?