Barr Brothers @ FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières (July 1st)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

derek
Tenfold

Barr Brothers @ FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières (July 1st)

Is anybody going to this show, or have information on it? I'm going to be making the drive up there from Providence, but am confused about the details. The website is entirely in French, and I can't seem to determine what time the Barr Brothers are playing or how to obtain a one day pass. Anyone have any insight on this, or planning on attending?

Link to the website: http://www.festivoix.com/#billetterie
Link to the schedule: http://www.festivoix.com/assets/festivo ... og2015.pdf (I understand military time, but there seems to be know rhyme or reason to the arrangement here. Am I missing something? From the best I can gather the Barr Brothers are going on at 7pm (19 h) and are playing a one hour set until Gagnant Syli D'or Oktopus come on at 8pm (20 h).
Link to the tickets: http://www.festivoix.com/billetterie.html (Are they not offering single-day passes for Wednesday, and Wednesday alone?)
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: Barr Brothers @ FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières (July 1st)

Yeah, odd there isn't a listing for July 1. My French is limited to what I've learned through duolingo thus far, and probably not readily adaptable to Quebecois. Looks like you might need to buy the Passport instead of the Bracelet.

But, from the website:

Please note that depending on the reception capacity of the sites, places may be limited (the first come / first served will be applied). At the House of Culture in Trois-Rivières, on presentation of your passport or your daily bracelet, an additional $ 10 will be requested for each of the performances on this stage. Places limited to 252 seats: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED reservation before each show at the Lyric Voice 819-380-9797 or 1-866-416-9797 (toll free).

You might try giving them a call?
derek
Tenfold

Good catch with the capacity on the House of Culture stage. Not even sure if that's the stage the Barr Brothers will be on, but it sounds like a phone call is in order to get this all sorted out!
derek
Tenfold

Just thought I'd throw an update out there in case anyone else was interested in this show. I'm just getting off the phone with a lovely French-Canadian lady who explained that the shows on Wednesday are free(!) because of Canada Day, which why there were not wristbands available, and the venue--Scene BELL--does not have reservations, but it is recommended that we arrive early as the venue may fill.

Here is the site map for the festival: http://www.festivoix.com/carte-des-sites.html There are actually 12 different venues.

Free Barr Brothers up in Canada!! Looking forward to this trip! :D
booher

Forgot about Canada Day! I should have taken a hint because I saw it on a coworker's calendar. That's pretty great, though. Bring us back some pics and a set list, if you can :)

And if you run into the band members, ask about Andres. They never got back to me on that via Twitter.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

I, too, am curious about the Andres situation. But also enjoy the set! :-)
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
booher

I have answers regarding Andres:

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... ng-blowout

the TL;DR is he left the band to pursue his own stuff.

Also, the article says "Having done away with their old band, The Slip...". Certainly makes it seem like there's no chance of rekindling :(
derek
Tenfold

Apparently their headlining the Montreal Jazz Festival today as well. Just happened to be in Montreal, and just happened to look at the set list... This is going to be a great two days! I'll do my best to jot down some songs that are played, but in all honesty I don't know them all by name. I will, however, have my camera and will grab some photos! Now I'm off to drink and enjoy the jazz and the city. Cheers!!
derek
Tenfold

Great find with that article btw Booher. I don't think that we've seen the last of Brad, Andrew, and Marc playing together though. Probably won't see them touring like they did in their peak, but there's still music to be made between the three of them.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

It's been almost 10 years since Eisenhower came out, with a couple of shows a year after that trickling to nothing. I'd imagine maybe we see a random show here or there but think its done. Isn't Marc out on the West Coast now?
mwred
Lion on a Rock

Not sure where he's based these days but I do know that Marc is recording with Ben Schwendener and Kenwood Dennard aka The Mobile Trio. Fingers crossed for a Boston-area show sometime this winter... stay tuned.
http://www.mandorlamusic.net - presenting live jazz & other creative music in intimate Boston area spaces
booher

Kevin_Kjr wrote:It's been almost 10 years since Eisenhower came out, with a couple of shows a year after that trickling to nothing. I'd imagine maybe we see a random show here or there but think its done. Isn't Marc out on the West Coast now?
The last time I talked to anyone from the band, they said Marc had relocated back to NYC, if my memory serves me right.

Thanks for the nod, Derek!
mwred wrote:Not sure where he's based these days but I do know that Marc is recording with Ben Schwendener and Kenwood Dennard aka The Mobile Trio. Fingers crossed for a Boston-area show sometime this winter... stay tuned.
Get 'em at the Green Room!
derek
Tenfold

Just getting back from my trip tonight, with many great memories in tow. I'll upload some pictures/videos/stories soon. One thing I did hear a few people talk about during this trip was the High Sierra Music Festival (http://highsierramusic.com/lineup/) where The Barr Brothers, Surprise Me Mr. Davis, and, yes, THE SLIP all played shows. I know zero details, as I was not able to attend, but it looks like music is not done being made with Brad/Andrew/Marc.