PHISH IS BACK!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

PHISH IS BACK!

Current Newsdisplay as list display details
PHISH TO PLAY THREE CONCERTS 10.01.08

Phish returns to the stage for three concerts at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia on March 6, 7 and 8, 2009.

A limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Tickets' online ticketing system at http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/ . The ticketing request period is currently underway and will end on Wednesday, October 8th at 11:59AM EST.

Tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday, October 18th at 10 AM EST and may be purchased online at http://ticketmaster.com or by phone at 757.671.8100, 757.872.8100 or 804.262.8100. Tickets will not be available at the venue box office and there is a two-ticket limit per show.

The band intends to announce additional touring in 2009 early next year.
http://phish.com/news/

Don't know if any of you care.. but I'm freaking excited!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Smoove Smiff
Yaki Soba

Damn, that won't sell out quickly or anything...

...a surprise to see this news, as the breakup was a very necessary thing back in 2004. Hopefully Trey has gotten his shit together, and they will do some major rehearsing before touring - a wagon they had fallen off towards the end. All in all, who knows? It could be amazing....
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

the great thing is that they are announcing more tour dates soon
i'm going to wait it out a bit and hope they come to toronto or somewhere close
the reunion shows will probably be spectacular, but hopefully midway through a tour they will be reeeallllllyyy on
the demand for these shows is going to be sooo heavy that they really should do a tour of phish festivals, lord knows they'd sell every single one out, that would be epic
putty
From the Gecko

It's amazing how little I care about this news, compared to how excited I used to get about Phish. I just don't like their music anymore. I don't think I've listened to a full song of theirs in years.
Phrazz

Who's the opener?

Ok, if I had my vote it would be for The Slip to open for Phish. They recorded Angels in Trey's barn, right? Could they handle it? I sure hope so!

Hmmm...I ordered 2 tix to each of the 3 Hampton shows. I need to see with my own eyes if Phish has still got it. I bet the first show will have some rusty moments, but I expect by the third they'll be on fire.
Every picture tells a story.
pete
Get Me with Fuji

Gotta echo putty's feelings about this one.

I'm far more excited about seeing the boys play with Sonya.
"Expressing a human need, I've always wanted to write a book that ended with the word Mayonnaise."
-Brautigan
tyler
From the Gecko

I might get kicked out of Burlington for saying this, I never was able to get into Phish to begin with. never quite figured out what was so special about them, apart from the fact that they were good at their instruments. so I guess I'm indifferent to this news.

now if only it were Pavement we were talking about...
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm not as excited as I thought I might be considering how many Phish shows I've seen (since '92) but I did order tix and get a hotel room so it's not like I'm off the bus or anything. It does seem a bit soon to me which is kind of scary as I felt the same way when they came back after the hiatus and it indeed turned out to be way too soon. I certainly don't listen to Phish like I used to but whenever I do put on a show or something comes up on random I still dig it for sure.

I'd be more excited for a Slip national tour (and I mean The Slip, not Sonya or Davis - not that I don't like those but I am so ready for The Slip to get back together.)
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

i'll echo sentiments of not being as excited about this as i possibly could be, and if they end up playing somewhere close it's possible i might try to go. but as it is, it's VERY cool to me that the first shows announced are for hampton colliseum. i'd heard reported for years that hampton was one of their favorite places to play (the dead too). it used to be one of my "hometown" (or homestate) venues...

long live spaceship hampton!!!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
bitchtits
Alsoa

yea i have to say i have such a deep love for these guys and their music, and for some reason i wasn't as excited as i thought i would be to hear the news. On the other hand you better believe i put in for 2 tix to each night, cause im not missing this mothership here i come.
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

i'm absolutely pumped for the reunion and the tour that will follow, maybe its because i grew up listening to phish but never actually got to see them live
i've also had tickets to go see trey twice, once solo and once with gordo and the duo but unfortunately had to sell my tickets on both occassions
anyways ill definitly be pulling a mission to see them a few times, just not at hampton
Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

So here's the thing, TONS of hotels down there are already sold out...

Tickets arent even on sale yet.

Anyone have any advice? OR wanna let me crash @ your hotel :)?
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I am psyched to see them again. I didn't go in 2003 or 2004 when they got back together, had no interest at the time. I really listened to them hardcore from 1992-2000 but then put them down for about 5 years. Over the past couple years I've been listening to them regularly again. I find that the songs I love, I really love. The ones that I've heard a million times and never really hit me back then, I could now really do without (Golgi, Sparkle, Guyute, Harry Hood-seems like they played that everytime I saw them). If they come near my neck of the woods I am definetely there.
lumpy
From the Gecko

hotel rooms will open up as people cancel them. I've got 2 rooms booked in Newport News - a 5 minute cab ride from the mothership. Give a call to some places in Newport News, there may be some left

Tickets are the stress-factor - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm with Harry - this doesn't seem like it's been long enough. I don't listen to them like I used to - but I know I'd be pretty excited for a Mike's Groove right about now :-)

I'd be more excited for a Slip tour....
bear
From the Gecko

I'd be WAY more excited for a Slip tour -agreed on the harry non-Sonya non SMMD sentiment - I miss just the Slip shows - that said...

I saw Trey solo acoustic at Newport this year and am seeing TAB in a couple weeks. It's nowhere near the same. I love Trey but he really is only good with Phish. I'm not as excited as I thought I would be considering I've quit jobs, spent savings and been to many parts of this country solely to see Phish play... I will try and be at Hampton show. Although my musical interests have altered since my jamband days, Phish's live show (even a "bad" Phish show) trumps almost any other band I've seen. The spectacle, the audience vibe, the light show, the crisp sound system, the attention to detail with set lists... Phish is the best at it in my opinion.

it will be nice to see them live again - whether it be at Hampton or further on down the road. Welcome back boys....
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com