is Andrew in Land of Talk now?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tyler
From the Gecko

is Andrew in Land of Talk now?

Was just reading Stereogum, and came across this tidbit about the forthcoming Land of Talk full-length:
It was just about a year ago that we had Andrew WK run around CMJ as our expert party correspondent. The night before we filmed I was awed by relative newcomer Bon Iver at Bowery, and hours later I was awed by seeing him bounce around the LES with Lizzie Powell of Class of '06 BTW Land Of Talk. She mentioned then the pair were "working on something." Then she and Justin told Andrew about their idea of a party ("renting go-carts").

A few months later, the "something" Lizzie spoke of revealed itself via MySpace blog post, confirming Vernon was producing the long awaited follow-up to LoT's buzzy debut EP Applause Cheer Boo Hiss. In the time since the band parted ways with their great drummer Bucky Wheaton (now getting kit work from the Slip's Andrew Barr), and finished recording the nine tracks in Montreal and one at Bon Iver's parents' place in Eau Claire, WI which fill out Some Are Lakes. It's the title track we get to sample today, which starts with Lizzie's open-string chord voicings and "at a summer lake," some dissonance in the hook, and some low-mixed background vocals in the bridge. It's Applause-y, but you'll find some new folds at the corners.
bit vague here. was he just helping them out for recording or is he going to be touring with them in the near future?

cool at any rate, they're a good band and I'm looking forward to the album.
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

I just did a little digging and, according to the Land of Talk wikipedia page, it looks like a guy named Eric Thibodeau is their new drummer. Andrew just played drums on the album.

I heard one song from it and it sounded pretty good. I'll definitely check out the whole thing when it's released.
bouche
Alsoa

the last couple of times this summer I've seen land of talk, andrew was playing drums.
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

The photos at the link below indicate Andrew was on the kit earlier this month with Land of Talk in NYC. Wonder if he'll be with them on their tour with Broken Social Scene later this fall. Hope so, as I'll be catching BSS!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... _me_1.html
tyler
From the Gecko

we got a copy of the new album at the radio station I work at. It's really, really good. I haven't been going much for guitar-based indie rock in the last few months but this has just grabbed me and I haven't stopped listening.