General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

BeatingHippies
Ambrosia Drunk

It comes out on my birthday! Holla
-BH
bear
From the Gecko

tyler wrote:kind of interested to see how Brad will be able to make Nirvana, erm, interesting.
you may not like Nirvana but how can you say they are not interesting? Like it or not, they are one of the most influential bands ever
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
tyler
From the Gecko

yes I know they were very influential. but I still don't see what's so special about them. they just took the Pixies' sound and added a dose of angst.
SpaceIsThePlace
Alsoa

Everyone should go illegally download Nirvana now.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

all of this

haha this thread is getting silly.

I think there was a 'heart shaped box' up on brad's myspace awhile back. It is probably that. It was kind of ambient, slow. In opinion, one of the BEST things i've ever heard the slip do is heart shaped box, on 11-29-03 at the narrows, during cut from the cloth. I had been on the biggest soulive kick then, and andrew's drumming during that jam completely blew anything i had ever heard by any band out of the water.

Portrait of a scientist, the middle section, is a total homage to 'heart shaped box', very similar chord progression, very similar tone to the heart shaped box's they play during cut from the cloth.

I am excited to hear this 'fall apartment' !

- john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

16 days and counting...
will it be available via slip.com?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

bump for the album!

I see it's on Amazon

Katie
Invocation

I think eMusic.com should have it later today too. The link is there but the page isn't working for me yet. Arg! I hope it's up later.

I'll probably purchase the CD when the tour gets here, but it's nice to be able to get it digitally today (and not feel like I'm truly buying it twice, since emusic comes out to about .40$/song pre-paid).
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Just bought the 256k mp3's off Amazon... will let you know how it goes!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Newbury Comics in Amherst had it for $10.50 total. Sitting right next to the new Metallica. Which by the way I hear is awesome.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I like the new record... haven't even had a chance to listen all the way through due to a busy day but it sounds like a nice Sunday morning record or late late night kind of spin.

Still Shiver is a such a beautiful tune. Can't help but hear the lyrics though..
tim
The Weight of Solomon

harrymcq wrote:it sounds like a nice Sunday morning record or late late night kind of spin.
eggzacklee. it'll be good listening for the fall weather for sure. def glad i was able to snag a hard copy from the local record shop.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Purchased from itunes last night and listened through while making a slow simmering roasted tomato sauce. Great stuff! While I generally love Brad's voice - it's great to have a focus on his astounding guitar work. The covers are well done - and the originals shine.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

FYI for all those who purchase through iTunes - from iTunes you get protected 128k mp3's whereas from Amazon you get unprotected 256k mp3
's.. I am an Apple man for sure but in this case double your bits and unlock the music at the same time!

I will be sure to buy this one on CD as well for the greater fidelity but wanted something to listen to right away. I just love this disc though I am still anxiously awaiting his NEXT solo CD of songs with words... Hope I don't have to wait as long.
lumpy
From the Gecko

damn! It was actually my first purchase off of itunes - and I guess my last :oops: