Frisell and other stuff

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I am a huge Frisell fan! I am only acquainted with Jenny Scheinman through seeing her play with Frisell.

Some of my favorites are the aforementioned Gone, Just Like A Train, East/ West and the Ginger Baker Trio. (got turned on to that last one here!)

I also totally love Good Dog, Happy Man, The Intercontinentals, Nashville, Unspeakable and The Willies. Nashville has a real country sound whereas the Intercontinentals is more of a world music thing. Definately worth checking out. Some of his earliest stuff is more on the dissonant end of things which I tend to love but with Frisell I really dig his later stuff the most. I just ordered the new one from Amazon!
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Stankdog211 wrote:I had the opportunity to interview him two weeks ago, if interested:
That's a GREAT piece!

It captures him perfectly. I could hear his voice as I was reading.

Well done!
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

harrymcq wrote:Some of my favorites are the aforementioned Gone, Just Like A Train, East/ West and the Ginger Baker Trio. (got turned on to that last one here!)

I also totally love Good Dog, Happy Man, The Intercontinentals, Nashville, Unspeakable and The Willies. Nashville has a real country sound whereas the Intercontinentals is more of a world music thing. Definately worth checking out. Some of his earliest stuff is more on the dissonant end of things which I tend to love but with Frisell I really dig his later stuff the most. I just ordered the new one from Amazon!
This thread just proves that no matter what kind of music you're into, there's a great Frisell album waiting for you out there. (Well, OK, maybe not speed metal or opera, but...)