Siren

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

If Stephen Malkmus and Broken Social Scene were to be playing on opposite stages at the same festival who do you go see?

Malkmus + Jicks
57%
Broken Social Kids
43%
Neither
No votes

Total votes: 7

Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

Siren

So this is pretty awesome ( no slip content)

http://www.villagevoice.com/siren/index.php

Anyone have any good acts there were torn between seeing at festivals?
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable
putty
From the Gecko

at the big festivals, there's always gonna be some crossover. at Austin City Limits fest, I bought a ticket when i saw that Wilco and MMJ were both playing, then i sold my ticket when i found out they were playing at the same time. well, that and other reasons. thinking back on it now, though, i think i'd pick MMJ over Wilco about 9 out of 10 times.

as far as Malkmus vs. BSS, it's not even close for me. Malkmus rips the guitar and i'd love to hear some of his new songs. big bands like BSS are cool to watch for a minute, but i think they're much better in studio than on stage.
Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

Langarado 07' all my buddies wanted to go see moe and like a jack ass i followed them instead of going to see Stephen Malkmus. Feel free to make fun of me below for my very very poor decision.
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable
tyler
From the Gecko

Caleb wrote:Langarado 07' all my buddies wanted to go see moe and like a jack ass i followed them instead of going to see Stephen Malkmus. Feel free to make fun of me below for my very very poor decision.
as someone who was in the front row for that very Malkmus show...

terrible move on your part. but don't worry, we all do things we're not proud of.