ticketmaster

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Big Bob
From the Gecko

ticketmaster

man oh man.

i just bought radiohead tickets for august 13 in mansfield, ma.

the tickets were 55 bucks each...bad enough, but ticketmaster charged a $7 "facility charge" AND an $11.85 "convenience charge" PER TICKET!

making a $55 ticket actually $73.85.

This is by far the most outrageous "convenience fee" that i've ever seen by a ticket agency. I bought the tickets anyways because I love Radiohead and know that if i so choose, i could even sell the tickets for profit, but there has to be some way to limit ticketmaster's greed......right?
bear
From the Gecko

ticketbastard

I just did the same excact thing except mine was $79 total. Outrageous! Pearl Jam at Great Woods was $80 with all the fees. brutal. I was also going to check out Kanye West, R.E.M w/ Modest Mouse and the Police this summer at Great Woods but its just too freakin expensive. As long as corperations like ClearChannel and Live Nation (are they the same?) own these venues, the charges will be crazy. Looks like my days of going to Amphitheatre/Arena shows are nearing an end...
Thank god I can still go to good shows (like SMMD, Apollo, Stephen malkmus, Cursive, Greg Brown etc) that are still around $20, not to mention the Nathan shows I saw were only $5 at the door!
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Big Bob
From the Gecko

yes, it definitely makes me appreciate the $5-$20 shows that still offer music at its best.

and i find places like Matt Murphy's pub to be much more convenient than Great Woods, yet they don't even charge me for that convenience.

i guess there are some fools have yet to realize that music is all about money :roll:
tyler
From the Gecko

I'm kind of surprised that you even got tickets through Ticketmaster.

I chose to deal with the w.a.s.t.e. presale on Wednesday. the servers went down instantly and chaos broke out. never ending streams of refreshes, time-outs, and blank pages. it was driving me crazy. HOWEVER, 350 dollars and 99 minutes later (seriously), I ended up with 2 tickets to Mansfield and 3 tickets to Montreal. so, all's well.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

i missed the chance to buy tickets through w.a.s.t.e.

did they charge a similar fee?
tyler
From the Gecko

Yeah it was the same, since it's just Ticketmaster giving w.a.s.t.e. a block of tickets. there's no getting around those fuckers.
Jenny
Yaki Soba

I hear you guys..Erykah Badu and The Roots tickets at the Orpheum in Boston are $97/$107 for shitty balcony seats! GRRRRRRR!

On a happier note-see y'all at Helinski, Iron Horse and Narrows! WEEEEEEE!
If thoughts can do THAT to water, imagine what our thoughts can do to our minds.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

ticketmaster can blow me. i was on their site at 10am sharp yesterday to get a pearl jam ticket and i couldn't get anything better than the worst seat in the horse, and mind you, this was at exactly 10am and only searching for one ticket. i'm sorry, if i'm paying $80+ i'm not going to settle right off the bat for the worst seat in the house. i'll try my luck with other avenues and if so inclined, will pay too much for a shitty seat day of concert.
bitchtits
Alsoa

Fuck em, its a monopoly
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.