Should I go see Oshe next thursday (2-10-05)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

SSIA

yes
45%
no
No votes
what else are you gonna do that night, wash your hair?
55%

Total votes: 11

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Should I go see Oshe next thursday (2-10-05)

Never heard them... but I know some people on here like them... so sell me...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
joe

i played with them...i didn't like it. just long boring jams, not too much song structure, but that's no reason not to go see them. i've never regretted going to a show unless it was very expensive, or I was going instead of doing something else I was interested in. So my vote is yes.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

no.. the show is free.. in a little bar we've gone to before in reading... only problem is it's on a thursday... which generally kinda sucks for early mornings...

I'm still wavering.. sounded kinda electronic.. (on their website) which could be cool... just depends on what Pam thinks... but I figure, it's free.. so maybe...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

just long boring jams, not too much song structure
When did you play with them "Joe"?

I would say the exact opposite. I've seen them maybe 10 times and there tunes are totally structured, a bit too much even. It's in the Jazz vein of composition with solos. But not rounds of solos in each tune. There songs don't vary much at all actually. I think they need more improvisation in there. They don't "jam" at all really. It's all around the composition with some solos, no 4 person improv at all. I would go for sure if I were you. They are one of only a few bands that have me a little exited about thier compositions.

Seriously "Joe", are you sure it was Oshe?
AcRj
Mudslide

I'd agree with cleantone. Oshe is worth checking out. I also would like to see them improvise a bit but the generally feel is good.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

free music????? of course you should go, its free and Oshe rocks pretty hard. I get to see them this friday and saturday, cant wait.
joe

well, "cleantone", first off, I don't know why you keep putting my name in quotes. Secondly, it was this fall. And I don't mean I personally played with them, I meant my band. I gues I misinterpreted what they were doing. But I found it pretty boring nonetheless. Sorry to have offended you, your Heinous.
joe

Damn it...accidentally posted too soon. Anyways...
Just to clarify, I guess the reason I misunderstood what they were doing what that it was very repetitive. I took that to mean that they were improvising. Having only seen them that one time, I didn't have much reference to what they were doing. But like I said, I'd still tell anyone to go see it. Why not, they might like it, even if I didn't. "cleantone" loves it.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

im gonna guess that you were the opening band
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

the reason cleantone is putting "joe" in quotes.. is cause your not a member.. your a guest.... so we don't know if your name is joe, Joe-mamma, or bitch-cat-pubic-slaw...

clinton never said he didn't like them.. he just said.. they are highly compositional... and could improvise a lot more.. not everyone likes the same things...
I like brussel sprouts!
they're like baby cabbages... mmmmmm
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Katie
Invocation

Joe- First of all, I think cleantone put your name in quotes because you are posting somewhat anonymously as a guest. I can understand that being mis-understood somehow I guess...

Secondly, there is no need to take a tone of personal attack towards him in your responses. "your Heinous"??? Come on man... You are all entitled to your opinions but please leave the argument at that.

You're not the first to get personal over opinions... you all need to cut it out, it's stupid and this isn't the place for that. (Delete button looks appealing right about now.)

Pat, I've never seen them but when it comes to free music that there's a chance you might like, you might as well check it out, I would given the same situation.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Joe,

Please bow when addressing royalty 8). I understand what you meant. The first time I saw JFJO I though thier whole set was improv. Once I heard more of it I realized it's highly compositinal. Same with Oshe. I thought alot of what they were doing was improv but later found it was composed music. I just wanted to point out that the music is not highly improvisational but actually quite the opposite. I like them alot, I think they right great songs! Also, I understood that you meant your band played with them, care to share what band your in? Are you "Joe" Russo? Or "Joe" Shmo?

I didn't mean to offend you at all. Your obviously entitled to your opinion, thats why it's your opinion an not mine. I like Oshe, and you don't. There is nothing wrong with that! Seriously. Also, as pointed out I'm only using quotes because your posting as a guest. For all I know your a current member just trying to start shit.

Please let me know where in these statements I came of "high and mighty" enough for you to take offence and say:
Sorry to have offended you, your Heinous.
Trust me that was not the intent. So are you Sir Joe or another Joe? Please let us know your group. Also feel free to sign up and become a member. Your welcome here adn so is your opinion!
joe

i see. i guess that makes sense. but my name really is joe. i thought you sounded a little cocky and belittled my intelligence slightly by asking if i was sure it was Oshe, but your Heinous was more of a pun than a hard insult. it's just too damn easy to misinterpret people on these things.

and you're right, not everyone likes the same thing. That was all i was saying...hence the go see them even though i don't like them argument. on the plus side, they were very nice fellows.

ps, they opened for my band, Cold Duck Complex. bitches.
joe
Tenfold

look, i'm a real live member! you can call me sir joe if you want.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

joe wrote:ps, they opened for my band, Cold Duck Complex. bitches.
ha! *inserts foot in mouth*

i've heard some talk about your band.. maybe from pat. uh no wait he was talking about fugi, creekside 02, and harmonized.. blah blah blah.. :P j/k pat.

what do you guys sound llike... and what the hell is a cold duck comlex? can i eat it?

i like to eat.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH