I'm Just Gonna Say What We Are All Thinking

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

BeatingHippies
Ambrosia Drunk

I'm Just Gonna Say What We Are All Thinking

It really sucks there is no Slip New Year's shows. I've brought in the past few years with the band and it's gonna blow having to find something else.
-BH
lumpy
From the Gecko

I wish there was a slip new years too. That being said, I'm psyched to have just reserved a cabin for the hot buttered rum February meltdown at the Evergreen Lodge :)
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I had been hoping for a while but it doesn't look like anything is going to happen. From their website it already looks like they are in hibernation! Some part of me is relieved that I don't have to go through the hassle of crossing the country and spending money I don't have but if they had announced it there would be no place I would rather have been...

I'm pretty bummed as well. For the past eight years I've looked forward to some Slip shows to help me round out my year. This was a weird year for me and the Slip. I've become accustomed to seeing them 7 or 8 times a year, but the only show I got to see this year was the Middle East show....and I could only hear the show becuase of the wall of tall frat boys that took over the front of the stage. I did go down to NYC to see Mr. Davis in September, and that constituted my "big adventure" of the year. I hope these guys are still into it......I miss them.
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I don't usually go to a show on NYE. But I must say this was a disappointing year for me and the Slip too. Because I am a working stiff and have family obligations, Burlington VT it is my main outlet for music. They haven't played Burlington (at least I don't think) in almost a year. In a couple weeks it will be over a year since I've seen them play. It's been such a bummer. I saw them 3 times last year. This is the first year since finding this band back in 1998 that I haven't seen them once.