How is everyone doing?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

appleofmyeye
Alsoa

How is everyone doing?

I hope you all are doing well. I'm looking forward to some , or at least one So Cal Slip or SMMD show this fall and other than that trying to keep my summer busy with lots of music, beach and fun ;}

I also went to see RUSH last night for my second time, GO if you were thinking about it, they are on fire! AND not to forget to mention all the cool graphics, funnies and the light show they have going on for their 'snakes and arrows' tour. Check it out YO!

Welp, take care all and hopefully I'll see ya on the flipside.

~Robyn
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

been hella busy with a lot of friends visiting us for the first time out in Pittsburgh this summer.. and a couple of weddings.. and the bands CD release party is coming up in 2 weeks.. summer always goes too fast.. and sometimes not fast enough (in regards to football season)..

glad to hear your doing well robyn...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
bear
From the Gecko

In two weeks I'm moving from Tahoe back to Rhode Island. Can't wait to return home after a 5 year west coast tenure. Psyched to see some east coast shows soon, there are a couple Apollo Sunshine shows to look forward to.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

spent a week in boulder, colorado with my bro. beautiful sight, great parties, wonderful trip...
ScS
From the Gecko

ive been busy as hell at work with us bringing the billing back in-house.

also been busy taking a class this summer at depaul and trying to find a new place to rent. we had a place all lined up but got it yanked out from under us. not very happy about it, but im sure something even better will surface.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

this is the first summer in three or four years i didnt see the slip, but, im moving to brooklyn in three weeks so all is good, cant wait to see BAM again, its been a good while, hope everyone's summer has been good :twisted:
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Nice to hear what you all have been up to. Thanks for chiming in.

Pat congrats on the new CD, Bear have a nice trip back home, Tahoe must be a hard place to leave. Colin, SCS and Tony I'm glad you're summer is moving along well, good luck to you in all your endeavors. Let's put some good energy out there for The Slip AND SMMD to have a well rounded tour this fall not leaving any Slip/SMMD loving cities out of the mix.

Lots O' love to you all,
~Robyn

P.S. Here's a link with some of RUSH's new stuff to listen to
~Appleofmyeye~

Halloween story revisted

Imagine yourself at a festival. It's just past dusk. You and your new frivolous friend, running to find a place to, get to know each other better and possibly, eh um...get down. Walking past some drunkards; fighting over, only The Universe(s)knows what. You notice there are some weird security guards running after you. "What for?", you ask, but then realize there is no time for that. There is no time to spare. Then the bus comes by and you both jump on.

Greeted by smiling, warm, friendly faces; you feel safe and ready to partay. The bus takes you to a interesting strange place. It looks like Momma's house but there is an irish parlor inside. Serving drinks and eats for everyone's pleasure. Happy to be in the vicinity of warm people, you and your frivolous lover decide to go get down in the dark corner (the bunk in his room; blaring Rush, rockin' out), away from all the festivities. So, finally settlin' in that glowing happy place; you find it's all over too quick! Damn! It's time for dinner at the parlor inside Momma's house. So, you get up and go, eat, drink and enjoy the creature comforts of this world. The band starts and people get up and dance. My feets start a jiggin' to the beat..slow, faster and still faster...the room becomes ablaze with eyes a smiling and folks of all shapes , sizes and colors happily joining in with welcoming smiles and spirits..all realizing in that moment we are all the same.

Your crazy friends start to arrive one by one, then packs of three, four...the rooms are now filled to the brims. "Hey, the festival is starting at the pavilion tent, let's go!", someone calls. We all nod and agree , it's time to go. Bright colors of Autumn, spider webs ,strange masks and costumes grace the way to the tent where the un going festivities play. Yay! We have arrived! Had so much fun this first night...almost can't remember all that happened in the blur of colors, smiles, music , dancing, sharing & warm conversation.

It is now the second night of the festival. Your friends arrive, the same place and time dressed in costume so you don't even know who's who. "These friends are acting kinda strange", you think to yourself. They are not the same one's you knew of before. You see one disrespecting another to whom hasn't done any harm. Confused and bewildered you know it's not your friends you are now with but just some inconsiderate punks dressed up as your friends. They have latex painted all over their arms, swirled around you dragging you along like a spider in it's sticky web. You can't get away! They take you back down the path with the spider webs and the beautiful Autumn colors, this time rushing past your eyes so fast you can't really see any grace here. Down to the pavilion tent you arrive. This time just about everyone has already arrived. In the blink of an eye, the guests come and dissever and platter you. You and your "friends" take the shape of cartoonish squares on that silver platter. They come and rush for it's time to feast. The last thing you remember while looking on, is the one's( human, alien, animals?) that are feasting are dressed in bright, vivid stuffed animal suits , happily consuming the one's they so quickly dissevered. Showing no one who they really are for this is Halloween and the reason why we dress up is to trick the spirits into not seeing who we really are. In hopes they will not take us up and away, for once gone it's hard to get back home.

Closing up the party it's now daylight. I take the orange and black chiffon hats and seal up the pavilion tent as I am just a spirit who was taken from my home. Maybe next year I can get through the veil and make it back to my family and friends, until then ...Happy Halloween!!!

May you all never be taken from your loving homes.

With Love
~Me~
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

ha ha ha

I acciedently took the summer to hang out and listen to music I'm truelly privledged to have experience and managing to pay an all inclusive $40 for a major 4 day festival (ticket and head changes even
:D ).
I was a little woried that I decided I was done fightingg, yet now that the flow has I can see that it always will and all I Need IS Mine. The few other things I need will come shortly if I'm open and I feel ready to be that for the first time.

Life makes your scream and cry with struggles and just as frequently laugh 'bot how easy it is.

Ha Ha Ho Ho He He

Laughin' Again
-B-rock
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
bear
From the Gecko

is that an allusion to "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues"? I love Tom Robbins
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

Indeed it is. I think I'm gonna re-read though them all.
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever