THE SLIP ON GREYS ANATOMY

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

SamNo.2

http://o.forums.go.com/abc/primetime/gr ... rumStart=0

Don't know who this is, but they deserve a gold star.

Posted: Jan 18 @ 08:19 PM
by: gwinham (34 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Sep 26, 2006
The song was "Life in Disguise" by The Slip off their newest album Eisenhower

http://www.theslip.com

Re: LAST SONG?
replyreply
Posted: Jan 18 @ 08:20 PM
by: I_love_karev (3 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Jan 18, 2007

The song was "Life in Disguise" by The Slip off their newest album Eisenhower

http://www.theslip.com

THANK YOU!!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

it's getting talk on the fan site too

http://www.greysanatomyonline.com/forum ... 746#187746
SamNo.2

More interesting things. GA just won a Golden Globe as best drama, and the soundtrack was nominated for a Grammy. Apparently they release each season as an album, and last season's was nominated......

http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/greysanatomy/

And check this out:

November 28, 2006
When Grey's Anatomy featured our song "How We Operate" the scale of reaction was far beyond anything we could have imagined. Our website is continually inundated by people who've found our music through the show and its accompanying soundtrack.
Alex Patsavas and Betsy Beers, apart from having excellent taste, have been great friends to the band. We're very grateful for their allowing us to share in the enourmous success of Grey's Anatomy.
-Tom Gray of Gomez
tim
The Weight of Solomon

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1547078 ... fray.jhtml
The Fray divide their history into pre-"Grey's Anatomy" and post-"Grey's Anatomy."

"So P.G. and ...," singer Isaac Slade joked, abbreviating à la "B.C." "Shoot, we're gonna have to work on those names."

The truth is the Fray were already rising fast when the medical drama used "How to Save a Life," from their debut LP of the same name, for a key scene and later in commercials for the show. The placement just catapulted the Denver band into another stratosphere, making its debut one of the best-selling albums of 2006 and the Fray one of the best stories of the year.

"It hasn't [been that] our song's on 'Grey's Anatomy' and now a whole lot of people are coming to our shows and are like, 'Play the "Grey's Anatomy" song!' " drummer Ben Wysocki said. 'It's just been a nice supplement that's come along with other TV appearances, CD sales and radio and just us touring a bunch."

"How to Save a Life" had actually been on other shows before "Grey's" ("Scrubs," for one), but how it was used made it stand out.

"All the shows we've been on have been really great — well, most of the shows we've been on have been really great — but I think 'Grey's' is one of the best in the way that it fit," Wysocki said. "It kind of made our song more impactful. It sounded different for once because you were listening to it with these visuals that are very powerful."

The bandmembers watched the show together and then saw the song become an overnight sensation — literally.

"By 5 a.m. we had a significant increase on iTunes," Slade recalled. "It happened right away."

"How to Save a Life" hit Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart in April and has remained a top 40 staple ever since, even garnering spoofs like the YouTube hit "How to Screw My Wife." A new video for the song recently premiered on "TRL."

"We sent [the first video] to ABC because they wanted to use it as a promo, and it was so hugely seen that people started thinking that it was like a 'Grey's Anatomy' commercial we shot especially for them," Slade said. "So we had to go back and shoot another video. It was weird how that success forced us to go back to the drawing board."

The Fray are also gearing up to shoot a clip for their third single, "Look After You." Their first single was "Over My Head (Cable Car)," which got the band signed and initially on the radio.

" 'Look After You' is a song I wrote about my then-girlfriend when she was in Australia and I was missing her like crazy," Slade said. "We had this chorus, but I couldn't think of any lyrics, so I was just mumbling this weird 'oh whoa' thing. [Guitarist Joe King] was like, 'Good enough.' So it doesn't really have any words, but it has emotive sounds."

So given what the show has done for them, is it safe to assume the Fray are among the 20 million followers who regularly tune in to "Grey's Anatomy"?

"He's actually a big fan of Dr. McSteamy," King said, pointing to Slade.

"I've seen one show," the singer replied.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

$$$ -->

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;they're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
we call it Riding the Gravy Train.
We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get an album out,
You owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster
if we all pull together as a team.
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
we call it Riding the Gravy Train.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

So I just downloaded this on iTunes. If anyone can tell me how to make it so I can put it up on the web I gladly will upload it somewhere or post it to my page for streaming. I just haven't downloaded video from iTunes before so I don't quite know how it all works. But everyone should see it. Very well done.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

iTunes videos have DRM on them so it is not a trivial matter to put it up on the web for streaming...
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

So I've got this m4v sitting on my desktop and there doesn't seem to be any program on my computer that will play it.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy player or converter? (I do have QT and Media Player.)

Thanks,

hoby
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Quicktime works for me. I do have quicktime pro but don't think that would matter. Do you have the most recent version? It's the format that iPods take so iTunes should work too.
lumpy
From the Gecko

VLC media player is a great free program that'll open just open anything!

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Updating QT did the trick. Thanks!
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

a torrent for it

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/1026124/G ... D_XOR_eztv

if youre into that kind of thing

-john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA

Just did a check on iTunes...#39 most downloaded song in the "Rock" category!
wowed

I had to see for myself and for those of you itunesless:

36. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynard
37. Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N'Roses
38. Open Arms - Journey
39. Life in Disguise - The Slip
40. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers

Wow... just wow.