I can't believe......

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

I can't believe......

.....how much the Slip now sounds like Built to Spill

I'm listening to You In Reverse(and Built to Spill) for the first time ever and I just can't believe how similar it is to the Slip.....

The vocals sound very alike and IKE really sounds alot like Built to Spill. Big guitar riffs, indie-rockish, yet poppish songs with vocals.....crazy. I had no idea.....I mean some of the guitar work is like almost identical to shit Brad does.....not that I think that Built to Spill is copying the Slip, if anything it just may be the other way around......
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
sm
Beantown Rocker

umm... well, yeah, since they've been doing it since the early-mid 90's, i dont think built to spill are copying the slip either. as for the other way, perhaps "influenced" as opposed to "copied"?
H. Nugg

sm wrote:umm... well, yeah, since they've been doing it since the early-mid 90's, i dont think built to spill are copying the slip either. as for the other way, perhaps "influenced" as opposed to "copied"?

it could be called influence.....but some of the new slip stuff is sooooo influenced....i'm just real surprised I didn't know there could ever be a band out there that could sound so damn similar to BAM or that BAM ever would or could sound a lot like another band.....
ScS
From the Gecko

you can definitely hear some broken social scene influence on 'even rats'.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb