I just heard the SLIP on the Radio!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

I just heard the SLIP on the Radio!

getting into my car from lunch, about to plug in the iPizz when I hear the familiar opening riffs to Children Of December. First thought was holy shit, second thought was what station is this. Unfortunately it was only 88.9 Emerson Radio, not that it's a bad thing to be on the radio, I was just hoping it was a mainstream channel like 92.5 or FNX or something.....

Still really cool to hear the Slip on the radio for the first time in my life...
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
francis
From the Gecko

i had a buddy of mine call me last month to tell me he heard the slip on the radio in the philly area. pretty fucking cool.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
tyler
From the Gecko

does FNX still have that show weeknights where they play a lot of indie and alternative? I can see them playing The Slip, especially given the Boston connection. call them sometime and see what happens.
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

yeah i actually heard the slip on my local station (KHUM) here in humboldt CA about two weeks ago. i think it was children of december... could be wrong tho... i was just stoked to hear them on the radio!!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
drewry
Cumulus

yeah my friend said he heard CoD on Fordham's station
you know our love will not fade away
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

Caught CoD on FUV 30 minutes ago. The cool part was the played U2 next and it fit perfectly.
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

i actually work in the same building as 88.9 WERS and was using the mens room the other day and they have the station playing in there and if one of us should fall came on. i know a bunch of people that work there, so i wasnt surprised but it sure was a nice treat.
tyler
From the Gecko

I heard Children of December on the St Michael's radio station last Monday night. But then again I was the DJ who played it.

And I'd say there's a fairly good chance of hearing another Slip song sometime tonight between midnight and 2 AM...
Phrazz

let's become DJs

tyler wrote:I heard Children of December on the St Michael's radio station last Monday night. But then again I was the DJ who played it.

And I'd say there's a fairly good chance of hearing another Slip song sometime tonight between midnight and 2 AM...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if enough of us were to all get jobs at the local college radio stations around the country, that would really bump up the publicity numbers.

But if one of us got a job on Satellite Radio...now there's the ticket!